Making a No-Sew Pot O' Gold Wind Catcher
This easy to make wind catcher is the perfect St. Patrick's Day decoration. This is a guide about making a no-sew pot o'gold wind catcher
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This easy to make decoration is great for both indoors and outdoors.
- black felt
- yellow felt
- yellow buttons
- ribbon (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- white colored pencil
- fishing line
- sewing needle
- hot glue
- pot o' gold template
Download the pot o' gold template.
- Trace two sets of felt pieces using the template. Then cut them out. NOTE: Be sure to flip the template pieces over for one set, so that the pieces will line up when attached back to back.
- Cut the ribbons all the same length and melt the ends with a lighter, if necessary.
- Lay the ribbons out side by side onto a piece of tape. Then place another piece of tape on top. This will help keep all of the ribbons in place while you glue them down.
- Glue the ribbons to the back of one of the felt pots.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Run glue around the edge of the pot and adhere the other pot to it, backs together.
- Now attach the small pot pieces and the gold pieces.
- Glue the buttons onto the gold area, to add some dimension.
- Using a sewing needle, run a piece of fishing line through the top of the wind catcher. Cut it to the desired length and tie the ends together.
This video shows you how to make a simple wind catcher for St. Paddy's Day.
In These Guides
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 21, 2017 at 7:59:21 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us