Making a Recycled Dollhouse

Category Other
A doll house can be made with lots of imagination out of many common items that may have ended up in the trash. This guide is about making a recycled dollhouse.

My daughter, Eryn, created her own recycled doll house out of recycled items from around our home. Large cardboard box for the house, cereal boxes as dividers for the rooms, lids, wrapping paper for wallpaper, bows, glitter glue and paint, plastic applesauce containers for a table, medicine box for a bed and cotton balls for pillows and many other cool ideas. Recycling is contagious!

By Wendy S from Coopersburg, PA

Wow! That sure beats buying from the store! I wanted to make something for my 3 years old and my 9 years old. Now I got almost everything that I see in the picture, I'm ready to make it really pretty for them for Christmas! Go Frugal!

Make a dollhouse from recycled items, have fun and wow the kids!

Don't believe it's possible?

See more photos of FoundHaus at

By Daria from San Diego, CA

Oh my gosh! You just brought back so many childhood memories for me. I built a house for my Barbie. It sat on the floor of an open closet and I designed, decorated and redecorated it many times over the years. We used to have a wood burning stove, so my mom used alot of matches that came in those great little boxes. Boy, those were great for making all kinds of furnishing. Looking at all your pics reminded me of all the little "finds" I used for the house. Thanks so much for sharing and here's to many more fun times completing your house.

Has anyone ever used a recycled item to make siding for a dollhouse?

By Gina from MO

Sure you can! Start looking around for things that might work. For instance, flattened bottle caps can be used as shingles. Or use vinyl flooring scraps, or slats from mini-blinds.

Thank You, I like the mini blind idea!

Yes, you can make. My son Ryan created has created his own recycled doll house with the recycled items which he collected from around our home. Large cardboard box for the house, cereal boxes as dividers for the rooms, lids, wrapping paper for wallpaper, bows, glitter glue and paint, plastic applesauce containers for a table, medicine box for a bed and cotton balls for pillows and many other cool ideas.