Making a Recycled Dollhouse

A doll house can be made with lots of imagination out of many common items that may have ended up in the trash. This guide is about making a recycled dollhouse.

November 12, 2008 Flag

My daughter, Eryn, created her own recycled doll house out of recycled items from around our home. Large cardboard box for the house, cereal boxes as dividers for the rooms, lids, wrapping paper for wallpaper, bows, glitter glue and paint, plastic applesauce containers for a table, medicine box for a bed and cotton balls for pillows and many other cool ideas. Recycling is contagious!

By Wendy S from Coopersburg, PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Wow! That sure beats buying from the store! I wanted to make something for my 3 years old and my 9 years old. Now I got almost everything that I see in the picture, I'm ready to make it really pretty for them for Christmas! Go Frugal!

I lived in Indiana and went to a one room school house for 3 years. Our teacher had 6 grades to teach and it was during the late 40's and times were hard. She made us a doll house out of cardboard and we loved it. This reminded me of her. Thanks for the memories. Connie

Read More Comments...

October 25, 2007 Flag

Make a dollhouse from recycled items, have fun and wow the kids!

Don't believe it's possible?

See more photos of FoundHaus at

By Daria from San Diego, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Oh my gosh! You just brought back so many childhood memories for me. I built a house for my Barbie. It sat on the floor of an open closet and I designed, decorated and redecorated it many times over the years. We used to have a wood burning stove, so my mom used alot of matches that came in those great little boxes. Boy, those were great for making all kinds of furnishing. Looking at all your pics reminded me of all the little "finds" I used for the house. Thanks so much for sharing and here's to many more fun times completing your house.

Love it ! Reminds me of how when I was a little girl, we could not afford a dollhouse. I made one with cardboard boxes and my friends would want to come over to my apt instead to play with mine. Thanks for the memories and great job ! :)

Read More Comments...

August 5, 2010 Flag

Has anyone ever used a recycled item to make siding for a dollhouse?

By Gina from MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sure you can! Start looking around for things that might work. For instance, flattened bottle caps can be used as shingles. Or use vinyl flooring scraps, or slats from mini-blinds.

Thank You, I like the mini blind idea!

Yes, you can make. My son Ryan created has created his own recycled doll house with the recycled items which he collected from around our home. Large cardboard box for the house, cereal boxes as dividers for the rooms, lids, wrapping paper for wallpaper, bows, glitter glue and paint, plastic applesauce containers for a table, medicine box for a bed and cotton balls for pillows and many other cool ideas.

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherOctober 14, 2013
An old fashioned kitchen in a dollhouse
Furnishing a Dollhouse
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
🎉
🎄