Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making a Toilet Planter

You can easily recycle an old toilet into an artsy garden planter. This is a guide about making a toilet planter.

This is a picture of a commode that I use as a planter with lovely impatiens planted in it. I think it's very pretty! The commode was about to be thrown away so my husband got it for free from the literacy council here in town. They had just had some remodeling done and were happy to get it out of their way.

By Kflawson from Bolivar, TN

I love your toilet planter. My husband and I rent a 2-bedroom apartment, and I know for sure that management would frown on this in front of my apartment.

Not a fan of toilet planters is putting it mildly, and that goes along with bathtubs, and rubber tires [even those painted white]. How can someone driving by your home and seeing a toilet with plants growing out of it think that is attractive?