Making an Adult Bib

How do I make an adult bib?

By Lynda (crabby)

Answers:

Making an Adult Bib

My mother used those little clip things that they sell for babies (it has a clip on each end connected by a something like a shoestring) and used hand towels when my stepdad was really having trouble with his Parkinson's. I think it made him feel less like a baby to be using a towel rather than having an regular "bib". They were easily washed. (07/10/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Making an Adult Bib

I once worked in a nursing home and used white hand towels with bias tape around the towel after it was curved at corners and a cut out for the neck. Tie strings were a part of the bias tape sewn down. You can add Velcro to the neck to hold in place instead of tying and would not become tangled in washing machine. (07/10/2009)

By Lorelei

Making an Adult Bib

I use to work in a rehab center and have worked in adult care centers. They would take a blue pad the kind you keep on the bed or in a chair for the person and just tuck part of it around the top part of the shirt or blouse keeping the white side outside. As the blue part protects their clothes and if it does not get to messy you can use it all day then throw it away. Wal-mart brand does not cost much and is good. Beats washing a towel or cloth all the time. (07/12/2009)

By jlfarrell

Making an Adult Bib

I make "bibs" for our Eastern Star ladies (and gentlemen) out of fun fabrics. When "everybody else" is wearing one, none of us feel self conscious. They are just rectangles with a circle out of one of the narrow ends for the neck, and a Velcro or button closure. I've always toyed with the idea of making some appliqued to look like a lady's neck and dress, even with a fake necklace, or a man's tux with shirt, collar, and bow tie. Or how about farmer bib-overalls, or a Hawaiian shirt? Just make them fun.
Good luck. (07/19/2009)

By OrahLee

Making an Adult Bib
Woman and Her Adult Daughter
Being a Parent to Adult Children
Elderly man wearing a bib while eating.
Making an Adult Bib
Adults at Birthday Party
Adult Birthday Party Ideas
House Training an Adult Dog
House Training an Adult Dog
🎉
🎄