Moon Themed Birthday Party Ideas

Category Birthday
Drawing of an astronaut on the moon holding a flag.
The moon has an age old appeal or significance for many cultures. Besides kids love that bright, shiny nighttime orb. Consider a moon theme for an upcoming birthday party. This is a guide about moon themed birthday party ideas.

When my son turned 5, he wanted to have a moon party. So we found all the sheets and blanket in the house, turned our furniture in the living room upside down and transformed the living room into the moon!

There were caves, and tunnels, and lots of of laughs and fun. I took an old sheet and ripped it into strips and let all the boys tie the strips to their arms and legs to make them into space men. I also played space music. I had apples, marshmallows (large and small), toothpicks, (you could also cut up gumdrops) and we made space people. The kids had so much fun!

The next day at church, I was asked if I really turned the furniture upside down because one of the boys wanted to do the same thing at his house! Heck, it was so much fun, and didn't cost hardly anything. Its also a great idea for a rainy day!

By katilee46 from Kamloops, BC