Birthday Party Theme Ideas

Category Birthday
No matter what age is being achieved, it can be fun to base your celebration on a favorite theme. This guide contains birthday party theme ideas.

This is a guide about red carpet themed birthday party ideas. Having a theme for a birthday party makes it easy to plan the rest of the party.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about white themed party ideas. A white themed party is a really fun and simple way to get everyone at the party on the same page. From the food, to the decorations and clothing, having everything on white will make for a memorable party.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about planning a Harry Potter themed birthday party. A perfect party theme for children who love reading J.K. Rowling's famous Harry Potter series.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about fireman themed kids' party ideas. Create an energetic party for your youngster with fire hats, trucks, ladders, and even bells and whistles!

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about 'makeover' themed birthday party ideas. A fun girl's birthday celebration can include a fun new look for the all participants.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about throwing museum themed party. Whether planning a party for a local museum or a birthday party with a museum theme, there are many options for the focus of your party.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about cupcake themed birthday ideas. Planning a birthday can be a lot of work, and one of the first steps is selecting a fun theme. Cupcakes are delicious and fun way to celebrate, why not plan your party around these sweet to eat treats?

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Japanese themed birthday party ideas. Looking for a fun and exciting birthday party theme? The extraordinary beauty and rich culture of the Japanese make a great party theme.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This guide is about garden themed birthday party ideas. Finding the appropriate food, activities, and favors for your floral birthday celebration will make for a fun event for all.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This guide is about movie themed birthday party ideas. With so many films to choose from, it can be fun to have a birthday party with a favorite movie theme.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Madagascar themed birthday party ideas. Characters from the popular Madagascar movies are a great inspiration for a child's birthday party.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This guide is about Wizard of Oz birthday party ideas. Once you have chosen a theme for a birthday party the decorating fun can begin.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about moon themed birthday party ideas. The moon has an age old appeal or significance for many cultures. Besides kids love that bright, shiny nighttime orb. Consider a moon theme for an upcoming birthday party.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about trivia themed party ideas. Trivia parties can focus on many different topics. Planning the party, including food and prizes can be almost as much fun as the party itself.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about bug themed birthday party ideas. Make your child's next party memorable by planning it around a bug theme.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about safari theme birthday party ideas. Planning a birthday party with a safari theme is great fun, with lots of options for decorations, games, and food.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am having a co-ed birthday party in February. I need help picking a theme that won't destroy my social status (thanks to the harsh and hypocritical words my immature friends will most likely spread on the school campus). I was wondering if I should do a 40's theme, a Pretty In Pink theme or some other one. Please comment and suggest!

Cristi from Miami, Florida

Answers

If it is a co-ed party, you might not want to go with a pretty in pink or gender oriented theme. Also, valentine themes would be a little over-bearing, so try and keep it simple. a black and white theme would be sophisticated, and really easy to put together. if you can't find black, go for colors that complement each other, like blue and green, or your school colors. I don't know what kinds of decorations you will allowed to have, but don't use candles, someone might get rowdy, and knock one over.

there are really cool paper lanterns at the dollar tree store, if you have one near you, and they come in all sorts of colors. also, white Christmas lights look nice too, without being expensive. if your friends like to dance, make a mixed cd of different party music, or go online and look up different styles of dance, like belly dance, disco, salsa, etc, learn some of the moves, and make up games that go with the styles. or have a movie trivia party, Beach theme(I really don't care for snow), or whatever you and your friends are really interested in.

For drinks (say you go with a beach theme), get several bottles of sprite(I get the walmart great value, or better yet, Faygo from dollar tree is three liters for a buck!) and some different flavors of snow cone syrup and make your own mixed drinks, as well as punch. have one of your parents as the "bartender, use a dry erase board for the "menu", and make different fruit cooler snacks, sandwiches, etc. if I'm wrong in assuming that the people will be under age, have a couple of good friends be the bartenders, so that no one is stuck missing all the fun. decorations could be cut-outs of palm trees, white lights, and green/blue streamers. look at different craft stores, and see if you can re purpose some stuff in your house. I did a beach/spa theme for my best friend's bachelorette party, and we had a blast.

Also, leave out the party favors. It's your birthday, you get the presents. And if your friends are going to turn on you because of what you did or didn't have at YOUR party, reconsider if these are the kind of people who you really want to be friends with. it shouldn't matter if you have a fun party that costs very little and will be a happy memory, or if you have one of those ridiculous "Sweet 16" parties that they have on MTV. most of the kids who have the super rich parties, end up crying all night long because some party crashers "ruined" their party and they end up making all their guests feel like it's their faults. Don't get me wrong. the "right" image can works wonders for you your whole life, but that image is usually the one that shows you to be kind and respectful to everyone, not that you had a wallet blowout party. the most important part of the party is that you had fun. Congrats early.

Depending on how old you are;
Taking a page out of Taylor Swifts Videos of late
how about the Shakespeare themed party. Romeo & Juliet

Night at The Grammy's -music Stars -come as your favorite music star.

To base your theme on a TV show, movie, event. It doesn't matter really, I would just suggest that your guests are on the "same page" re: older movies, eras, etc.
I loved Pretty In Pink, and the 40's is a great theme, but dependent upon the ages of your guests, will depend upon who "gets it" and who doesn't.

Good Luck, Have Fun

I really agree with what Ladyscorpio said at the end there..plus the true meaning of a friend is someone who will be there for you to help you along and lift you up not tear you down that doesnt seem like a friend at all. way back when I was your age I woulda loved the grammy party come as your fav star great idea!! hedera. that would be awesome you could even do like a faux awards thing buy inexpensive dollar store pic frames spray them gold and print out some award on papaer to place in them on the computer..somewhere on the bottom you could write Cristi's birthday Feb 2009 what ever you go with have a wonderful time !;)

Anonymous

Some theme ideas for a co-ed birthday party (if you're skinny like me) are Canobie Lake Park, Water Country, Six Flags, Battlegroundz, Chuck E. Cheese, Kimball Farms, etc. These aren't exactly theme ideas, but they are ideas you can consider, at least. Accept them while you can. Pogs! Have fun at your birthday party, and happy birthday!

My boyfriend and I are planning to have a birthday party of both of us together. We are planning to have a party in a club, but don't know any theme and games to play. The guests will range in age from 17 to 20 and there are almost 40 people invited. So can you give me some ideas and tips for it?

Answers

There are several great sites online that offer fun games for teens and young adults. They have games ranging from balloon shaving with a plastic knife to truth or dare. They also have some amazing truth or dare games you can play. I would suggest visiting a few of these sites to get and idea of what you'd like to do. You have a better idea about what you and your friends are interested in doing. Here are a few of the sites I liked.

http://www.quee  party-games.html
https://www.enk  party-games.html
http://blog.bea  t-birthday-party
http://birthday  day-party-games/

You could do a luau theme.

• Do fruit skewers with pineapple, strawberries, and red grapes.
  • You make a sign for a tiki bar
  • You could limbo.
  • Decorate tables in grass skirts you can buy at the dollar store.
  • Put fake palm trees around that you can make.
  • Make a rainbow punch with kool aid, ice cubes and vodka.
  • You can play shake your booty game. Fill a kleenex box with golf balls and duct tape it on the back of someone. They have to shake all the balls out of the box.
  • You could serve kalua pig, goes with a nice big pile of rice. It is just slow roasted pork. That is if you're serving dinner. Banana cream pie is a good dessert.
  • Use tiki dinner plates, napkins, etc.
  • Hand out leis, those flower things that go around your neck.
  • Let your guests know ahead of time so they can dress for your theme.

I was giving a birthday party for a couple of my family members of different ages and sex. But it's hard for me to chose a theme.

By Monnie

Answers

Here are some ideas I think are fun:
Mustache party - have eyeliner pencils on hand and have all guests who don't already have mustaches draw them on

2080's party - plan everything in a retro-future theme (what things will be like in the 2080's)... or choose a party theme based on the ages of the birthday folks - are they both in their 30s? Throw a '30s Great Depression themed party. Or, have the theme be based on the years they were born

T-shirt painting party - have all guests bring in old t-shirts they don't mind ruining, come up with a theme, such as "I'm with Karl", to paint on all the shirts, then if you go out on the town, everyone knows you're celebrating something.

My husband and I have our birthdays only a week apart. I was wanting to plan a surprise birthday party for him and my mother thinks we should have a joint party. The problem is what theme should we go with? He's into hunting, fishing, and outdoors stuff, while I'm more into photography, music, and country stuff. Any ideas for a theme?

By Fallon from Douglassville, PA

Answers

Why not break away from both your interests and do a murder mystery theme. Or a gangster theme party, maybe with a mock up casino.