My Dog Won't Stop Barking

My 5 month old Rough Collie won't stop barking when the neighbors go into their garden or when friends and family are in the house. It is starting to cause problems with the neighbors.

Vicky from Edinburgh, UK

My Dog Won't Stop Barking

Our vet gave us a suggestion that has worked well. He recommended it on our first puppy visit.
Use your fore finger and thumb to go over the bridge of their nose and under the lower jaw.
as a c clamp to hold the mouth shut. Look to get their attention, firmly say No and release.

By Stacey

My Dog Won't Stop Barking

I held my dogs mouth shut and said NO in a very firm manly voice and looked his silly self right in the eye. Now he does what momma wants, and doesn't do what I don't want (unless I'm not around lol). I mean I let him bark when it's not excessive or annoying like for a good reason. But before he'd look up at the sky and bark for the joy of barking. He's learned to only bark at important stuff for important reasons. (02/19/2008)

By Lily 59

RE: My Dog Won't Stop Barking

Barking Dachshund
Training a Dog to Stop Barking
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
small dog
Dog Diapers Won't Stay On
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 6:28:05 PM on in 935 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.