Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Oregon Frugal Travel Guide and Photos

A beautiful diverse western state with progressive cities, mountain wilderness, the Columbia river, beautiful beaches, and so much more. A wonderful destination for the whole family. This is a guide about Oregon frugal travel guide and photos.

April 26, 2013 Flag

Portland, Oregon

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This page has tips, photos and guides for traveling to Portland, Oregon. This laid back city is known as the City of Roses. This beautiful city has parks, a zoo, museums, and a good public transportation system. It is also a good place for river activities.

April 26, 2013 Flag

Coquille Lighthouse in Bandon, Oregon

This page has tips, photos, and guides for traveling to Bandon, Oregon. Bandon is a coastal town in southern Oregon. It is known for its scenic beauty, beach activities, and golf courses.

August 19, 2007 Flag

Has anyone ever been to Cascade Locks in Oregon? We are going there and plan on seeing the waterfalls, Bridge of the Gods and the lavender fields. We are wondering if there is anything historical there or anything we shouldn't miss. Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Cascade locks is a great little place, nice heritage places along the way, close to Bonneville Dam and they have lots of fish related ponds and lots of history museums around every corner. Hood River and that area lots of Indian history. Wind Surfing in Hood River. Cascade locks has great char hamburger. Anywhere along the Columbia River gorge from The Dalles to Cascade Locks and the old Highway and falls, including Multnomah Falls great scenery and historic places. Beware of car prowlers, take everything of value with you, do not merely hide with a blanket in car. Lots of little by ways to stop and see. Peruse the librarys near you or AAA or Online. and look up the Indian tribes, Celilo Falls that is now coverd by the Dalles Dam. Lots of fruit industry, maybe take home pears and apples!Across Columbia River is the Maryhill Museum and a Stonehenge replica. Watch for snakes. I have grown up with this information and a lot I take for granted maybe someone else can add more color! Have Fun!

Hi, sounds like you have a busy day already planned out. It is a great area. If you take Old Columbia Hwy, you can go to Crown Point (which you will just see from below otherwise). The highway goes up to the point which just recently completed major renovations.

http://www.oreg  org/park_150.php

If you do take Old Columbia Hwy, starting at Troutdale, it is a beautiful, scenic drive and much slower than I-84. It will wind you through the waterfalls and hiking trails and come out at Multnomah Falls. You can then drive I-84 back.

Have fun in Oregon.

Jess

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

September 23, 2010 Flag

In 2007, I had a chance to spend a whole day just driving. The sun was amazing, the trees were in full October bloom, and the memory stick was empty and ready to be filled!

There is a small place where you can get off the Highway 22 corridor, and I took many shots of the road. It's so quiet, and there are several small houses tucked away where retired folk are lucky enough to live.

When you reach the end of the road, you are at the Santiam River and getting there is half the fun! For those in Oregon, now is the time to visit the area just out of Salem, heading East, between Mill City and Gates. If you have the time, go all the way to Detroit Lake, as the little towns and scenery are amazing!

N-JOY!

By Sandi

deciduous forest road

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wonderful picture's! Autumn is my favorite time of year.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

September 12, 2011 Flag

Growing in the shadowy edges of Shore Acres State Park on the Oregon Coast, these blossoms always take my breath away. The vibrant yellow with the perfectly placed red spots are always great eye candy. The bees love these bright flowers. They're so colorful, you'd think they belonged in the tropics!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Yellow Iris LIke Flower with Red Spots

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wow! I've never made it to OR and may never do so. Thanks for sharing a piece of it with us. Thumbs up!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

May 18, 2010 Flag

Photo of river with evergreen trees in background reflecting on the surface.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a picture we took on Mother's Day. It's on the Minum River in Eastern Oregon. We consider this the lost Garden of Eden.

September 30, 2011 Flag

Large Vibrant Purple Starfish

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I found this starfish while beach hopping with my husband near Sunset Beach here on the Oregon Coast. We love to hit up Sunset, hike the trails above the beach, and create our own journey from there.

May 11, 2010 Flag

river scenery

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Pretty views of the Rogue River, first thing in the morning at sunrise.

December 12, 2012 Flag

Rainbow over a wharf in Astoria.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I was driving around and stopping to take pictures. What a beautiful place Astoria is!

September 8, 2011 Flag

Pink and Blue Panorama of Oregon Coast

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

This is a panoramic shot of Whiskey Run Beach on the Oregon Coast. It's my definition of escape! The beach is where I go to clear my head and pink is my favorite color, only a couple reasons I like this shot.

June 21, 2011 Flag

A vivid Oregon coast sunset with a silhouette of a man to the left.

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

We live on the water, and within walking distance to the ocean. Every single night I see a new sunset. I was at the stoplight. I usually carry my camera because I never know what I might see with all this beauty around me.

August 3, 2007 Flag

mountain and lavender

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

I took this picture last weekend at a lavender farm in Hood River, Oregon, the dark purple is Grosso Lavender which is best known for oils. Grosso is a hybrid and must be started by propogation.

June 28, 2006 Flag

Wahkeena Falls, OR

CommentPin It!Like this photo?Like? Yes

Picture of Wahkeena Falls in Oregon.

Travel and Recreation Travel Guides US States OregonMay 19, 2014
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Oregon Christmas Charities
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Portland, Oregon
Portland, Oregon Frugal Travel Guide
Coquille Lighthouse in Bandon, Oregon
Bandon, Oregon Frugal Travel Guide
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 16, 2017 at 1:07:46 AM on 10.0.0.237 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.