Organizing Band-Aids

Category Bathroom
It helps to have these first aid bandages sorted to find the size you need in a hurry. This guide is about organizing band-aids.

In our bathroom cabinet, there is only one shelf. The back is particle board so adding a shelf is questionable. I used double sided tape to secure snack-size bags to the back wall along the top to store light weight things, such as cotton balls, q-tips and band-aids.

As you see in the photo, I cut down the Q-tip box and taped it up. Put a strip of tape close to the top and one close to the bottom of the bag. Don't go clear to the ends of the bag or it won't open wide enough to get anything out.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Wow! Super cool idea and easy peasy! Thank you!

I would find that when I needed a band aid, it would take me going through several boxes to find the size I need. If I could not find it, I would end up buying another box of band aids and the collection would grow.

I finally dumped all the boxes out, and sorted the band aids by size. I got several plastic zip closer bags. Then I put each size in it's own bag, and taped a sample of the band aid on the outside of the bag. I keep the "filed" bags in a plastic shoe box. It is much easier to find what I need, and will also know when a size needs to be purchased.

By Shardebhow from Cherry Hill, NJ

I remember my father used to use the original boxes, with one on the outside to show what size it was. Of course this was also with the metal boxes that Band-aids used to come in very long lasting containers.