Organizing Bath Toys

If your children's bath looks like a toy store you might be looking for ways to store their bath toys. This is a guide about organizing bath toys.

July 29, 2015 Flag

The toys in our bathtub were a constant irritation to me. I saw this idea on Pinterest and it's genius! All you need is a shower curtain rod, shower curtain rings and a basket or two. Simply loop the rings around the holes of a plastic basket (I found these at the dollar store). You can loop as many as you like, but I just used one for each side. Then slide the baskets onto the shower curtain rod. Place the rod along the bathtub, within the kid's reach. You could even lift it up higher when not in use.

Source: pinterest

Another wonderful thing I should have known about decades ago!

Absolute genius!

March 25, 2008 Flag

We keep a plastic bucket next to the bathtub for all the bath toys. This makes for easy clean-up and frees the tub area for adult showers and bubble baths - no nets of toys hanging above you or covered metal across the tub racks to fight with. It works and it's frugal.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

This is a good idea; however I would probably punch some holes in the bottom so the water can drain. I'd set the bucket inside the tub until all the toys dried out. Many of our kid's bath toys retain water.

I have 4 yr. old twins and a 14 month old that loves baths and their bath toys but everything I tried to keep the bath toys from getting that smell or black mold on it just doesnt work.

I tryed the mesh bag,buckets,flower pots cause they have the holes on the bottom and still the toys smell. I just dont know what else to try.

We too have the problem with molding bath toys. All of the cute ducks turned to garbage after setting too long with out having all the water squeezed out. So, now we use yogurt containers for bath toys! they are so much fun for the kids, and safe for both my 5 yr old & my 10 month old. We have a mesh bag, the rule is the containers go in upside down.

I eliminated any duckie type toys that hold water that you can't get easily out. A little squirt bottle makes a great bathtub toy. I also gather the toys once a month and run them through the dishwasher to clean and sanitize them.

Organizing ToysJanuary 29, 2013
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
An playroom with bins and toys arranged on shelves
Organizing Toys