Organizing Coupons

I'm starting to become an avid coupon clipper. I've joined a coupon train and just purchased 150+ coupons on eBay for less than $6.00. Now, I'd love to learn a good, effective way to store/sort them in like a binder or something. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? I'm just trying to save some money and get the most out of my coupons! Thanks.

By Jaci from Missouri

Best Answer

I found a CD storage case for my coupons. It is about 8" by 12" and has around 24 pockets. I labeled each pocket with an index card inserted into each pocket. I found the CD case at a yard sale for 10 cents. It works well. I also use an accordion style folder for the weekly coupon inserts from the paper. I used several videos on youtube about coupon organizing. Good Luck

Best Answer

I like all the ideas especially the one using the CD holder. Thus far my "system" consists of two recycled envelopes, the size you get a large greeting card in, preferably coloured. I use two envelopes, one for grocery coupons and one for restaurant coupons. I keep them in the door storage slot in my car.

Before I go into the grocery store I check the envelope. That's the time to edit the outdated ones. I may take coupons out and put them in my wallet or I may take the envelope in. I am a shift worker and like to grab a breakfast sandwich on the way home. I always have my coupons with me.

Google "coupon binder" and tons of ideas come up, most with pictures. (;

Check out TheKrazyCouponLady.com. It's easy to set up and keep organized. You can find the baseball trading card pockets at dollar stores, WalMart, etc. but I perfer the ones that Target sells. They are a better/hardier plastic. Happy Couponing!