Using Online Coupons

Category Coupons
Online coupons are a great addition to the paper ones found in newspapers, etc. There can be some problems printing and using these coupons. This is a guide about using online coupons.

As more and more advertising is moving online, even weekly store coupons are often readily available there as well. This is a guide about finding Sunday newspaper coupons online.

An online coupon on a smartphone.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Prior to shopping, I visit the store's website to see if there is a current coupon I can print.

By Joan G.

I used to have coupons when we were in the city together with our newspaper. But now that we're in the suburbs the coupons that we get are different and not enough.

I've seen websites that have coupons but they always require you to install a coupon printer. My question is - are these website safe? Especially if I am installing it in my computer?

Thanks in advance! =D
Maria from IL

Answers

Gosh---not sure about that!
I have seen from other sites, those that have done this.....installed the program, then had to remove it because it spammed them or had spyware.
We can't use printed coupons in our area, so I don't do it anyhow.
Guess, if you are looking for coupons....your best bet would be to go to local library and ask and request for their's----they usually toss them out!!! Or join a coupon train---I love those, its a great way to get the coupons you are looking for! And get rid of the ones you don't need.
Good luck!!!

That's what I was afraid of... Thanks for the advice... Btw, what do you mean coupon train? can you give me an example?

Thanks!

I have printed bunches of coupons from online sites, but have never been told to download any kind of program first. If you cannot just click and print it, don't do it!!

Hi, Some stores won't take coupons printed off a computer. Ask the stores first. Our WINCO won't take them. Loretta

Hi,

I weekly get 2 Sunday papers delivered. There are 3 in the Pittsburgh area. The first comes after midnight Saturday night Sunday morning. We look at the coupons and decide if they are good enough to buy extra papers. If so, Sunday we go buy others. If it is something that I can use 10 to 20 coupons of, I check Ebay and buy some more of maybe just one or two things, or others depending on what's on sale in the supermarket specials.

I have searches for products for coupons that I save on my favorites list. I think I have about 20 searches saved for favorite products.

Knowing what is on sale for the coming week helps save the most.

If you are going to download software for coupon printing, I would have new or updated spyware program on my computer and run it after I printed things. You might consider AVG FREE ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM

I have downloaded some of the programs to print coupons online and have had no problems (spyware, viruses or trojans). Just make sure it's a site that can be trusted. I get coupons regularly from coupons.com and walmart.com (and walmart.com has some free samples too!)

Before you download a program... google it and find out if others have had problems with it.

Another bit of advice I've noticed... most of the time the store brand is cheaper than using the coupon. That's something to check into (unless you have a place that doubles or triples them). And, just like a previous poster said, check with the store... some do not accept them.

Good luck!
Misty :)

You can also join freecycle and put in a request for extra coupons. I've seen people offering them in my local group. One other suggestion for coupons is if you know your newspaper carriers, ask them if they have any leftover papers that you could have the coupons from. Freecycle is http://www.freecycle.org/ .

Thanks all! I think I have AVG at home. Just one question though what are the other sites for coupons that doesn't ask you to install programs? aside from own stores or own webistes of the products? Coz coupons.com still asks to install the coupon printer to print out the barcodes & such. Thanks again all for all your advice....

Maria =D

Maria =D

Oh, I print coupons all the time. Its fine. You want to make sure you're doing it from accepted manufacturers sites. Typically the address to get the coupons will be bricks.xxx.com - that's the major coupon provider. Otherwise, Coupons.com also has a very good, no spam coupon printing program (just DON'T install the toolbar - there's no need to and its just another toolbar that you don't need).

Oh, and in Illinois Jewel typically takes them. I have problems sometimes with Dominicks. Ultra doesn't take them.

I am looking more more sites to print manufacturers coupons. I am trying to find free access,without needing a local zip, since none offer coupons in our area.

Answers

Here's some coupon sites:

coupons.com
smartsource.com
couponarama.com
valupage.com
nesteggz.com

If you have an area nearby that you shop that uses coupons, use that zip code in your coupon requests.

I have found that there are restaurants that offer coupons that I normally would not get due to my zip code but do frequent, so I use their zip code in my requests. - Syd

Try http://www.hotcoupons.com and put in the zip code of the area you shop in.

looking for sites where registration is not needed or print source needs to loaded.

Does anyone know where you can get good coupons online? I have found some at smartsource.com, pillsbury.com coolsavings.com and a few others. What about brand websites like general mills, or procter & gamble? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rebecca

Answers

Bettycrocker.com has some great ones plus recipe ideas that are quick and easy

Go to couponclippers.com, I buy from there every so often.

I love this site and if you join her mailing list there are coupons in the newsletter that she doesn't put on the website. www.wow-coupons.com

Try Best Stores I found all type of Coupons http://www.directmalls.com Free Printable coupons

Proctor & Gamble has a newsletter they send out. After going to site,fill out the form & receive offers-coupons in the future.
Here is a offer for a sample of Tide or Downy w/Febreze® fresh scent At : http://www.tide  h/?venue=2240040

P.S.
Going to most company websites and signing up for newsletter,
future special offers or promotional offers really are worth the trouble of signing up for.
Most times you are able to find a company's website by looking on a package made by that company.
OR you can submit a query/question at : http://www.ask.com
Which is the most used search engine I havebookmarked , also the easiest to use <smile.>

Why has Kroger quit accepting computer generated coupons?

By Shirley from Hernando, MS