Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale

Whether it's for a bazaar or a boutique shop downtown, if you are making soap to sell, how you package it is important. This is a guide about packaging homemade soap.

Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Filter Sort

Question: How to Package Homemade Soaps

By patti bailey 2 2

What's the best way to package/wrap homemade soap? I've made some really nice soap, but not sure how to package it. Thanks!

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have seen homemade soap wrapped in fabric strips, nice country style fabrics, cut with pinking shears and wrapped like a ribbon on a gift. It allows people to smell the soap, and is already wrapped as a gift.

Good Luck

Kim

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Shirley Darby 7 47 Flag

Have you seen the wrap that you shrink around items with a blowdryer? It comes in colors, in rolls like wrapping paper, at the craft store. Cut a large circle, gather it with your hand over the top of the bar, tie off with a twist tie or other wire, and follow the instructions for heating with the blowdryer. It works like a charm, and is fun to do besides! Finish off with any decorative ribbon or such as you like.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have placed mine on a 6x6 inch tile. I cover with plastic wrap and tie with a pretty wrap.

I have seen them wrapped alone in colorful paper and tied.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Chayil 5 72 Flag

Wrapping a homemade soap with tissue paper provides a biodegradable packaging that allows the recipient to smell the soap and anticipate using it.

Wrapping in fabric allows the recipient to smell the soap, and provides a slightly more sturdy wrapping. You can even make the cloth a gift, too -- say, a flannel facial cloth or a pretty cotton scarf to tie back the hair.

Both wraps will allow another benefit: airing out the soap bar. The longer you keep a soap bar exposed to air, the harder it will get, and thus, the more slowly it will melt/erode with use. Every time I buy soap, I buy an eight-pack of soap bars, and when I'm down to four, I buy another one and unwrap all the bars. That way, they can sit in a drawer and harden for several weeks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale

By jenny 4 4

I like the look of wrapping a piece of corrugated cardboard around the soap leaving the ends exposed, then tie a piece of raffia around and into a bow to secure.

By Jenny from Chattanooga, TN

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Crafts Soap MakingOctober 18, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Plastic Packaging
Removing Plastic Packaging
Yellow Plastic Container on White Background
Uses for Plastic Packaging
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Reusing Bakery Packaging
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 9:01:53 AM on 10.0.2.9 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings