Painting Over Varnish Without Sanding

I want to repaint my kitchen table that has varnish on it. I do not want the hassle of sanding and stripping. Does anyone know how I can do that or what kind of paint I could use? I am hoping something is out there nowadays. Thanks.

By Dee

Answers:

Painting Over Varnish Without Sanding

Taking the steps out of stripping the finish and sanding are going to result in poor quality. They may not show up immediately, but they will. Paint is a finicky product to use which means the furniture you are working with needs to be treated correctly before painting.

A kitchen table that is used a lot should be properly stripped, sanded, and primed before painting. I've seen it in many home decor blogs where people have tried to cheat the steps only to be very unsatisfied with the end result. Peeling paint, bubbles, etc. So all that hard work to make it look nice results in more work or a ruined piece of furniture. (01/31/2010)

By COflower

Painting Over Varnish Without Sanding

Sherwin Williams has something, I don't know what is called. You can use it to do just what you are trying to do. My girlfriend used it over tile in the kitchen, and it looks great. Good luck. (02/28/2010)

By Fancy2253

Painting Over Varnish
Painting Over Varnish
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
A cheese grater and a pile of grated cheese.
Cleaning a Cheese Grater
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎄