Painting a Vinyl Floor

Is there a way to paint vinyl flooring to make it look like ceramic tile? What are some affordable ideas for flooring. Anyone?

Debbye from Kimberling City

Painting a Vinyl Floor

I have seen floors painted on shows on HGtv or TLC. I have not tried it myself but I imagine you would need some serious primer like KILZ. Then once a couple coats of that is down you may be able to do a faux finish on the floor to look like ceramic. I would then put a layer or 2 of polyeurathane over the paint.

I used the peel and stick tiles in my bathroom about 1 year ago and they were fairly inexpensive ($40 for med. bathroom). However, I put them on a floor board that was not level and several have cracked! (08/09/2006)

By wyoKrista

Painting a Vinyl Floor
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl