Painting an Old Refrigerator

How do I go about painting a refrigerator? What type of paint should I use, do I need some type of primer first? Please let me know.

Thank you,
Denise from Oceanside, NY

Answers:

Painting an Old Refrigerator

Rustoleum has a selection of specialty paints for appliances, even a "stainless steel" look. Try their page here...

http://www.rustoleum.com/product.asp?frm_product_id=33&SBL=1 (05/12/2005)

By Guest Lady

Painting an Old Refrigerator

I just watched how to do this hours ago on Creative Juice. Check it out on DIY.COM the website is sort of confusing, but you could try to search it. They sand it some (wipe off the dust), prime it with metal/plastic primer, and then paint (2 coats). You should look it up! I wish I could paint my fridge! (05/03/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Painting an Old Refrigerator

I used to sell body shops and I would often see home appliances in the shops to be painted. All of the previous suggestions are good. I can only add to wash the appliance first, if not, then you would be sanding the grime and grease into the metal. Be sure and use a primer, and the top coat should be an enamel paint if you are to do it your self. A body shop would be using enamel. If you are to do it yourself inside your home, cover everything because the spray paint will coat everything. Good luck (05/04/2007)

By foxrun41

Painting an Old Refrigerator

My friend took the doors off the refrigerator she wanted to paint and took them to the auto shop to get painted. That's what shows and gets the use anyway. She painted the rest herself, as per other suggestions. (06/07/2007)

By pamphyila

Painting an Old Refrigerator

Four years ago I bought my house and wanted a black refrigerator but couldn't afford it. I bought a nice used refrigerator for $200 and two cans of appliance epoxy paint and now have a black refrigerator. My fridge is a Westinghouse Designer Series (very nice) with inside ice maker and all the movable shelves (probably original owner upgraded to stainless steel) but now it is making a motor noise so I will do the same thing again. This time, I am going to find a brush on paint...maybe door paint by rustoleum. I don't want to deal with the over spray, otherwise it is an excellent way to go. (03/24/2008)

By MizRich

Painting a Refrigerator
Painting a Refrigerator
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎉
🎄