Pen Ink on Leather Furniture

My 2 year old scribbled ink pen all over my off white leather furniture. I need to know how to remove the ink marks.

By ShantelMarie from Saint Augustine, FL

Answers:

Pen Ink on Leather Furniture

Try spraying hair spray on the marks. I have always heard that works on clothes. (11/19/2010)

By redhatterb

Pen Ink on Leather Furniture

This link will tell you step by step how to get ink off leather. I also read in the 'net that Goo Gone is good for getting ink off leather. I've never had leather furniture, so I can't verify its accuracy.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/removing-ink-from-leather.html (11/20/2010)

By Lorelei

Pen Ink on Leather Furniture

Plain old cheap hair spay, not spritz. I keep a can of cheap spray just for this purpose! (11/20/2010)

By Toebeanie

Pen Ink on Leather Furniture

I've tried hairspray, rubbing alcohol and Murphy's Oil Soap. All three begin to remove the ink and the color of the leather! Now I have ink still on and light spots where it's removed the tan color of the leather. I stopped short of removing the ink as I'm going to end up with spots all over where the ink was. The ink is from my elderly mother using a pen to do word searches and not realizing she was making marks all over the arm! Guess I'll have to live with the ink as the light spots look worse. (01/26/2011)

By golfgirl56

Pen Ink on Leather Furniture

If the leather is white or off-white, you can use rubbing alcohol with a Q-tip and it will not discolor the leather. I tried this after trying hairspray and perfume with no success. The alcohol worked very well for me, got rid of 100% of it. (01/26/2011)

By sharbeth

photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
Woman hands using a upholstery attachment to wash a purple suede couch
Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Man's hands cleaning a leather couch.
Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes
🎄