Pioneer Bonnet Pattern

I need to make 20 pioneer bonnets, does anyone have an easy pattern for this?

Cindy

Answers:

Pioneer Bonnet Pattern

I have made bonnets for school day projects by using a pizza pan to cut 2 layers. I then sew them around the two right sides together. If you want to dress it up you can sew lace to the right side of one layer before sewing it together. Make sure the lace is facing inward for when you turn it you want it to be on the edge. Then lay other piece on top, stitch around the edge or in same stitch as lace. Leave an opening and turn to right side. Stitch opening closed by machine or hand.

Take a piece of elastic measure child's head not tight just snug. Sew elastic together. Mark elastic center and fold opposite and mark sides. Do the same on hat. Take a small ruler and mark in on hat 2 inches from edge all the way around., so you will have a guide or place a piece of tape 2 inches from needle on machine and use for a guide. Place elastic to the under side using guide and stitch pull the elastic a little bit at a time til it matches the marks you measured (should be 4) back tack at the end.

Hope this is helpful. If pizza pan is not big enough find a larger circle to use as pattern. I made this for my sister for "Pioneer Days" at school and she is 36 now and never forgot the hat I made her. (05/17/2005)

By seamstress

Pioneer Bonnet Pattern

My daughter and I made this pattern a while back: sunbonnetsue.com.
Instead of the bias tape, we just seamed it. (06/12/2005)

By Paula

Pioneer Bonnet Pattern

I am very disappointed in the Mother Earth News site. The directions look really good, but where is the pattern? (05/13/2008)

By J. Greenfield

Pioneer Bonnet Pattern

On the Mother Earth News site click on "image gallery" in the article tools box in the upper right hand corner to get the pattern and other pictures related to the article (05/13/2008)

By Judebs

Pioneer Bonnet Pattern
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
girl wearing a bonnet holding a basket of grapes
Bonnet Patterns
wood toolbox
Pioneer Solutionism
Native American War Bonnet
Native American War Bonnet (Headdress) Patterns
🎄