Pit Bull Puppy Keeps Peeing Inside

I have a pit bull puppy, she is about 6-9 months old. We have had her for close to 2 months and she just can't seem to learn to pee outside! We don't have too many problems with her pooping inside just peeing. I believe she may have some kind of bladder problem, she has even started peeing in her cage at night.

I'm afraid to take her to the vet because she is illegal but I can't handle her peeing. I don't want to make her become an outside dog, she's way too affectionate. She hates being outside and being alone. What can I do?

Jess from Canada

Answers:

Pit Bull Puppy Keeps Peeing Inside

Bring her to the vet ASAP. It seems she has a UTI and that needs antibiotics. I do not think the vet will make you put her down, maybe they will say something, it depends how nice your vet is. All you can hope is she is okay, and if you really care for her, give her to a loving family in a place where her kind is LEGAL. (06/04/2008)

By schubunny

Pit Bull Puppy Keeps Peeing Inside

First of all, why did you take a dog that is considered illegal? All pets need their yearly shots and other medical attention. How did you expect to get her that? Do take her to a reputable vet and see if she has a problem. If you are not willing to do that, as well as taking care of her other vet-related needs, find her another home. (06/05/2008)

By Robin

Pit Bull Puppy Keeps Peeing Inside

Please take your dog to the vet, she sounds as if she has a medical problem. How is she going to have her vaccinations, heart worm tests, and other medical problems? The vet will probably treat your dog and say nothing...either way she needs help. If a dog has enough attention and has the opportunity to go outside when necessary, they will go outside. She needs a doctor. (06/05/2008)

By Sue

Pit Bull Puppy Keeps Peeing Inside

Thank you everyone for your answers. I have found a vet who has a heart and won't have my baby taken away from me. We got her her shots, and had her checked out. She is fine and has even stopped going in the house. Thanks a lot! (06/05/2008)