Pop Stain On Carpet

How do you get Strawberry Fanta out of your carpet?

Andrea from Kayenta, AZ

Answers:

Pop Stain On Carpet

Do a search on ThriftyFun for "Kool Aid stains on carpet". Read through all the posts. Many people are having great success using Dawn dish washing detergent, hot water, a white cloth and a steam iron! It's obviously working for many people. Good Luck! (06/21/2007)

By Grandma Margie

Pop Stain On Carpet

Use a 50/50 mix of water and ammonia. Pour it on the stain then cover the stain with a white towel and iron the towel for about 20-25 seconds on a med high setting. It worked for me when my son spilled red Powerade in my new car. (06/22/2007)

By sbacker

Pop Stain On Carpet

I tried the Dawn concentrated dish detergent with white cloth and steam iron. Wow! works great, thanks (08/31/2007)

By Gary.

Pop Stain On Carpet

Thanks heaps. After unsuccessfully using a few methods including vinegar and baking soda, I put just plain detergent mixed with a bit of water onto the fresh fanta stain. I then put a white cloth on top and ironed it. The stain just vanished. I was initially afraid of using the iron because I thought it would cook the stain and make it even more difficult for removal. (12/13/2007)

By

I spilled Crush on my Light Grey carpet

1. Mix 2 cups of warm water w/Dawn dish detergent (I used the orange antibacterial one)
  2. Bring the Dawn with you and apply some directly to the stained area
  3. Pour some of the Dawn+warm water mixture over the stained area.
  4. Cover stained area w/a white towel. (Mine was cotton)
  5. Set iron on med-high STEAM and iron over towel (move the iron back and forth, don't just let it sit there b/c it'll burn through the towel)
  6. Repeat until stain is no longer noticeable. It took me about 2-4 tries for each stain. (05/28/2008)

By Kito

Pop Stain On Carpet

My dog ate a can of Fanta orange pop on a wool rug. Could not get it out. I tried the dawn mixed with warm water and then ironed with light cloth. It got most of it out except a light orange spot where it leaked deep into the rug from a hole in the can. I'll remember this one! (06/15/2008)

By Kelly

Red Pop Stain On Carpet

I want to tell you that using the iron and Dawn dish detergent on white rags definitely works! I have a leopard print carpet in a nail salon and someone's child spilled red pop in several spots. I was so mad when I saw it I could have cried. Oxyclean carpet cleaner did not work! I thought, well $2 for a bottle of Dawn liquid soap couldn't hurt. I had other brands but bought the Dawn as indicated by one of your comments. You put a few swigs of the Dawn into a couple cups of warm water. Get a bunch of white rags. Heat iron on med low...and lay a wet rag that has been dipped in the solution, lay it over stain. Put heated iron on the rag. I believe the "steaming action" of the iron on the carpet stain with the detergent is what releases the stain. I was utterly euphoric on the first application when I saw red on my white rag. After applying about 5 to 6 "clean" rags my stain was gone. I proceeded to the other stains. There was a slight take up of the black in the leopard print but did not show noticeably on the carpet, just on the rag. I can't believe this simple technique worked. (08/17/2008)

By Linda

Grape Fanta Stain On Carpet

My son spilled grape Fanta in our apartment carpet and we were sure we would lose our deposit. We tried carpet cleaner, a steam cleaner, club soda, vinegar, white wine and the bright red stain would not come at all. When I found this site, we tried the dawn/warm water solution on white cloths with an iron on medium heat- it worked! It took about 12-15 irons with the solution and a white towel over the stain, but there is not a TRACE of stain left in the carpet AT ALL! I'm amazed! (09/28/2008)

By Jennifer

Pop Stain On Carpet

Thanks so much it worked. Took 5/6 times with white cloths. Got 99% of the redness out. (02/11/2009)

By