DecorationsEaster

Put All Your Unique Eggs in One Homemade Basket

I got a bag of plastic eggs the other day and today I covered 7 of them with unique covers and crocheted a basket. This is a fun thing to have sitting in your home, perhaps as a centerpiece!

Total Time: 5-6 hours

Yield: 7 eggs, 1 basket

1. Plan each egg separately. Nothing is worse than getting hot glue on something and then not being ready.
  2. For the green one, I cut fabric in a pretty green color and hot glued it around and around length ways.
  3. For the crocheted chain, I crocheted a chain and began gluing at the top and winding/gluing as I went around the egg.
  4. For the twine, I pretty much did the same thing
  5. Ad
  6. For the buttons, I just glued on what would fit, using large, medium, and smaller ones.
  7. Ad
  8. For the glitzy fabric, I made a circle, threaded some thread around the top, and hot glued the egg bottom to the circle center. Then I drew up the thread, and wrapped it around and around and glued it. I then got some glitzy thread and folded it in half till I had about 1'. Then I used it for a tie and tied it twice, trimming the loops.
  9. For the beaded one, I began at the center bottom and wound the beads around as I glued. I didn't realize till I got half way through the eggs that I didn't have enough of the same color, so I just finished with what I had. Remember the planning part? This is why.
  10. Ad
  11. And finally for the gemstone one, I had fancy shower curtain rings and have been prying off the gems for a lot of cool crafts. This was no exception. Because they weren't very small, there are a lot of gaps where you can see the white egg color through the gems. If you painted it silver that would help.
  12. To make your basket, follow this pattern and you can't go wrong. Chain 2, make 10 half-doubles in the first chain for 11. Join and chain 1, make 2 in each for 22. Join and chain 1, making a half-double in the first stitch and 2 in the next around for 33. Join and chain 1, making a half-double in the first stitch and the next, and 2 in the next around for 44. Join and chain 1 and make a half-double in the first stitch and the next 3, then 2 in the next around for 55. On the 6th row, make a single in each of the 55 around, join and chain 1, repeating this row till you have 4 rows. Then, chain 3 and make a slip stitch in every other stitch and break off working in your tails. Add your grass and your eggs and you have a basket of eggs like no one else! N-JOY!!
  13. Ad

In case you make this, the circle for the glitzy egg is only 8" or so. It also depends on the size of your egg. Larger ones would about 1' but that is too much for the smaller ones. My bad!!

This looks really neat - but - too much for me right now. Hope someone else has time and, someone to enjoy making it with.

But I will still show it to my "group" just in case they want to try it.

thanks, Sandi,

Betty

Betty: If you wanted your group might want to pick one or two to do. Some are less time intensive than others...like the glitzy one with the fabric or the one with the fabric strips. I hope that helps!

PBP

Thanks - I have been thinking about it and I think we will make several of the easier ones and give them in a basket to someone we know that will not have any visitors on Easter.

Thanks for all you suggestions.

That is such a great idea. I am happy I could be a part of it!!