Putting Decals On Wood

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me with how to put rub on decals onto wood? I have been trying to add small pictures to my pyrography (woodburning) and they don't seem to be working for me. :(

Jan

Answers:

Putting Decals On Wood

Jan, you can cut out any picture or word you want on your project. Buy some decoupage and put the glue on one side, lay on your project and then decoupage over the picture and walla your picture will stick and look lovely. If you think it needs it spray some polyurethane on and make it shine better.
(12/07/2007)

By Bonnie

Putting Decals On Wood

Patten transfer your item with graphite paper then wood burn it and buy some water color pencils to color the wood. Take a paintbrush with a cup of water and wet brush and paint over it for an interesting design. You can make homemade transfer paper with a number 2 pencil and white paper, just color one side completely with a pencil and put it colored side down and put picture over it and trace picture. It will go onto the wood that way for you to burn it in. I think decals with wood burning look tacky. Just wood burn the whole pattern; it will look better.(12/08/2007)

By crazylady4christ2007

Putting Decals On Wood

A long time ago I read where you apply varnish to your wood and let it dry. They used an iron to soften the varnish for the pic to sink to the bottom of the varnish top of the wood. But given today's tools I think a small heat gun might work better. Try with something that is not good before you try it on a good project. Glitz (06/16/2008)

By Glitz

Putting Decals On Wood
Motorhome
Removing Decals From a Motorhome
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Make Your Own Nail Decals
Making Your Own Nail Decals
🎄
🍂