Quilted Cross-Stitch Christmas Balls

I'm new here and was wondering if anyone knows how to make the quilted and cross-stitch christmas balls. I want to make them for my workers. They are made from styrofoam balls, fabric and pins, with a cross-stitch picture in the middle. Any help with this would be appreciated. Every year I make my "girls" at work something homemade. I thought these would be nice.

Thank you,
Candace from Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Quilted Cross-Stitch Christmas Balls

My mother-in-law and I have made several of these over the years..They turn out beautifully. We did not have a book to go by. I have made these with the tennis ball size Styrofoam balls just quilted or use the softball size one quilted with the cross stitch design. You have to be sure to cross stitch a design no bigger than 2" X 2". You place this design in the center of the ball using pins. You cut your material 2" X 2" (use at least 2 colored fabrics for wonderful effects}. Now around the cross stitch design you take your fabric squares and stick a pin dead center through the fabric and into the ball. Fold square material in half OVER TOP of the pin you just put in. Bring the two TOP ends down to create a triangle and place pins at corners. This will take some time to learn as far as placement...but you will work your way around the cross stitch in a star pattern covering all seams and pins until you have covered half the ball.Repeat on back side of ball leaving you with a seam around the diameter to cover with pretty ribbon. Top off with bows and a hanger. Here are a few pics. Sorry they aren't better but you get the idea. These pics show the small and large ones (01/03/2007)

By Tamie

RE: Quilted Cross-Stitch Christmas Balls

Quilted Cross-Stitch Christmas Balls

After posting I looked around and found this site which has clear details
www.make-stuff.com/projects/quiltball.html (01/03/2007)

By

Styrofoam Ball Ornament
Styrofoam Ball Ornament Ideas
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Homemade table runner.
Making a Quilted Table Runner
Quilted Photo Album Cover
Making a Quilted Photo Album Cover
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
🎄