Quinceanera with a Phantom of the Opera Theme

My daughter wants a Quinceanera with a Phantom of the Opera theme. I need ideas for invitations, centerpieces and party favors. Also, I don't like the red, black theme since it seems very serious, so any ideas on colors? I am renting a theater in the local performing arts center and I am thinking of pasta for food just because it is cheap; unless you have any other suggestions.

Thanks, I can use any help.

Ellie from San Diego, CA

Answers:

A nice theme for a quinceanera instead would be to base the party around our friend the quince, a delicious fruit. (09/10/2006)

By Lou

The first color I thought of was purple (or violet). When I think of opera that is the first color, like royalty. Maybe stick to red roses (as it is formal). Party favors could be mask making. Not quite a masquerade, but still a little souvenir. Oriental Trading Company or your local dollar store/Joann's may have some interesting items to help with that (feathers, glitter glue, etc). (09/11/2006)

By camo_angels

In the movie, during the masquerade scene, they use the colors black, white, silver and gold. You can use pretty masquerade masks as centerpieces. (09/17/2006)

A few ideas; Have colorful, paper masks available, as well as paper crowns with feathers on them. Decorate with a few phantom posters. Then you can also have the theatre face symbols colorful on tables around a skinny tall vase with bright flowers in it. (09/18/2006)

By LRP

Hi, I had to look up the term Quinceanera as I wasn't sure and didn't want to post without doing my homework.

(According to Wikipedia):

The Quinceañera or Quince Años (meaning fifteen years) is, in some Spanish-speaking regions of the Americas, a young woman's celebration of her fifteenth birthday, which is celebrated in a unique and different way from her other birthdays. In some countries, such as Puerto Rico or Peru, the word Quinceañero is used instead of Quinceañera when referring to the celebration.

The word is also used to refer to the young woman whose 15th birthday is being celebrated (analogous to the word "cumpleañera" for "birthday girl"). The closest equivalents to the Quinceañera in the English-speaking world are the sweet sixteen or, in more affluent communities, a debutante ball at the age of eighteen. In some cases, the birthday girl has a choice of a quinceañera, a trip, or a car...

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinceanera

It goes on to give more info. I hope your party goes well. Also the film version of Phantom is more of a white, black and silver over the red, gold and black of the theatre. Hope this helps. Best wishes with your Quinceanera. (11/04/2006)

By Daria

Phantom of the Opera Theme

If anyone is interested in hiring a professional event planner with the Phantom of the Opera Theme, we at "A Blissful Affair" have the perfect location and ideas for your event.
You could reach us at: www.ablissfulaffair.com. We look forward to assisting you plan your Grand event. (01/21/2008)

By Carla from A Blissful Affair Special Events Company

For centerpieces you can use chandeliers. Buy the masks at Oriental trading and put them on the table for guests to put on later. In the invitation put, "formal attire," and spread the word. (01/24/2008)

By Jessica

Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Victorian Christmas tree
Christmas Tree Theme Ideas
Quinceanera Ideas
Quinceanera Ideas
🎄