Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Recipes Using Imitation Crab

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Imitation Crab Cakes

Imitation crab is actually made from fish and flavored to taste like crab. This less expensive substitute for crab can be used in many recipes calling for crab. This page contains recipes using imitation crab.

Recipes

Read and rate the best recipes below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Quick Crab Cakes

I use Zatarains crab cake mix and a package of imitation crab meat when I make crab cakes. I just use the basic recipe on the box. The imitation crab meat substitutes really well for real crab and the crab cakes taste really good.

By Betty from Philadelphia, PA

Recipe: Crab Au Gratin Over Pasta

This is a favorite of mine! Love even the imitation crab meat. Fairly low calorie dish, too. Very good!

• 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 10 oz. imitation crab meat
  • 2 oz. grated cheese
  • 2 tsp. margarine

Directions:

Make a white sauce by microwaving flour, milk and margarine 2 minutes on high. Microwave 2 minutes more, stirring after 1 minute. Add cheese and stir. Add crab and microwave 2 minutes. Serve over 2 cups cooked pasta.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 6-8 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

Share Your Feedback: Have you tried this recipe? Do you have your own variation which you would like to share? Click "Share a Recipe" above!

Here are questions related to Recipes Using Imitation Crab.

Question: Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I picked up a package of fake crab meat at the store and am not sure what to do with it. Recipe anyone? Thanks.

By Judy from IA

Best Answers

By melissa mccurdy06/27/2010

Chopped garlic say 3 cloves in melted butter ,then add crab to heat and serve on crackers. So easy and very rich.

Best Answers

By Susan Meadors04/20/2010

I have made crab cakes with fake crab, and they were very good. Just follow a crab-cake recipe from the internet or your favorite cookbook. Another favorite "recipe" of ours is seafood salad, a tossed salad from the grocery with fake crab added. There's no cooking required with that one--it's our go-to recipe when I have time to go to the store on my way home from volunteer work, but no energy or time to cook.

Best Answers

By christi09/15/2009

I mash it up mix with a block of cream cheese put a small scoop into wonton wrappers, close up and deep fry, look up recipes for crab rangoon to find different versions of this.

Best Answers

By Marcie09/14/2009

I have an easy and tasty one.

1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
1 soup can about 3/4 full of milk

Combine in pan over moderate heat. Feel free to add pepper or garlic powder if you like. Once it's bubbling slightly, add imitation crab meat and a 10 oz box of frozen peas that have been thawed. Cook until the peas are heated through.

Usually I serve this with cooked rice mixed in, but it is also good with pasta. A great way to use up leftover rice or pasta. Very creamy and tasty. My cousin's fiancee, who is a picky eater, even loves this!

Question: Crab Bake Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for what I think was called "Crab Bake"? I recently had this at a buffet in a Chinese restaurant. It consisted of chunks of imitation crab legs and cheese in a white sauce and was served in a casserole dish. My family really enjoyed it and I would like to try it at home. Thanks for your help.

Mike from PA

Most Recent Answer

By Jennifer Nelson04/15/2010

Can you use butter? I don't like margarine.

Thanks!