Recipes Using Imitation Crab

Imitation crab is actually made from fish and flavored to taste like crab. This less expensive substitute for crab can be used in many recipes calling for crab. This page contains recipes using imitation crab.

Imitation Crab Cakes
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I picked up a package of fake crab meat at the store and am not sure what to do with it. Recipe anyone? Thanks.

By Judy from IA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I have an easy and tasty one.

1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened

1 soup can about 3/4 full of milk

Combine in pan over moderate heat. Feel free to add pepper or garlic powder if you like. Once it's bubbling slightly, add imitation crab meat and a 10 oz box of frozen peas that have been thawed. Cook until the peas are heated through.

Usually I serve this with cooked rice mixed in, but it is also good with pasta. A great way to use up leftover rice or pasta. Very creamy and tasty. My cousin's fiancee, who is a picky eater, even loves this!

Best Answer

I mash it up mix with a block of cream cheese put a small scoop into wonton wrappers, close up and deep fry, look up recipes for crab rangoon to find different versions of this.

Best Answer

I have made crab cakes with fake crab, and they were very good. Just follow a crab-cake recipe from the internet or your favorite cookbook. Another favorite "recipe" of ours is seafood salad, a tossed salad from the grocery with fake crab added. There's no cooking required with that one--it's our go-to recipe when I have time to go to the store on my way home from volunteer work, but no energy or time to cook.

Best Answer

Chopped garlic say 3 cloves in melted butter ,then add crab to heat and serve on crackers. So easy and very rich.

Read More Answers...

I use Zatarains crab cake mix and a package of imitation crab meat when I make crab cakes. I just use the basic recipe on the box. The imitation crab meat substitutes really well for real crab and the crab cakes taste really good.

By Betty from Philadelphia, PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does anyone have a recipe for what I think was called "Crab Bake"? I recently had this at a buffet in a Chinese restaurant. It consisted of chunks of imitation crab legs and cheese in a white sauce and was served in a casserole dish. My family really enjoyed it and I would like to try it at home. Thanks for your help.

Mike from PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can you use butter? I don't like margarine.

Thanks!

Read More Answers...

This is a favorite of mine! Love even the imitation crab meat. Fairly low calorie dish, too. Very good!

• 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 10 oz. imitation crab meat
  • 2 oz. grated cheese
  • 2 tsp. margarine

Directions:

Make a white sauce by microwaving flour, milk and margarine 2 minutes on high. Microwave 2 minutes more, stirring after 1 minute. Add cheese and stir. Add crab and microwave 2 minutes. Serve over 2 cups cooked pasta.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 6-8 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes SeafoodMay 23, 2013
Cooked Crab
Cooking With Crab Meat
Crab Quiche
Crab Quiche Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 5, 2016 at 11:08:56 PM on 10.0.1.216 in 305 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.