Browsing: Recipes Using Imitation Crab

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Recipes Using Imitation Crab

Imitation crab is actually made from fish and flavored to taste like crab. This less expensive substitute for crab can be used in many recipes calling for crab. This page contains recipes using imitation crab.

Imitation Crab Cakes
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 18, 2010 Flag

I picked up a package of fake crab meat at the store and am not sure what to do with it. Recipe anyone? Thanks.

By Judy from IA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I have an easy and tasty one.

1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted

1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened

1 soup can about 3/4 full of milk

Combine in pan over moderate heat. Feel free to add pepper or garlic powder if you like. Once it's bubbling slightly, add imitation crab meat and a 10 oz box of frozen peas that have been thawed. Cook until the peas are heated through.

Usually I serve this with cooked rice mixed in, but it is also good with pasta. A great way to use up leftover rice or pasta. Very creamy and tasty. My cousin's fiancee, who is a picky eater, even loves this!

Best Answer

I mash it up mix with a block of cream cheese put a small scoop into wonton wrappers, close up and deep fry, look up recipes for crab rangoon to find different versions of this.

Best Answer

I have made crab cakes with fake crab, and they were very good. Just follow a crab-cake recipe from the internet or your favorite cookbook. Another favorite "recipe" of ours is seafood salad, a tossed salad from the grocery with fake crab added. There's no cooking required with that one--it's our go-to recipe when I have time to go to the store on my way home from volunteer work, but no energy or time to cook.

Best Answer

Chopped garlic say 3 cloves in melted butter ,then add crab to heat and serve on crackers. So easy and very rich.

Read More Answers...

August 30, 2011 Flag

I use Zatarains crab cake mix and a package of imitation crab meat when I make crab cakes. I just use the basic recipe on the box. The imitation crab meat substitutes really well for real crab and the crab cakes taste really good.

By Betty from Philadelphia, PA

December 16, 2011 Flag
This is a favorite of mine! Love even the imitation crab meat. Fairly low calorie dish, too. Very good!

• 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 10 oz. imitation crab meat
  • 2 oz. grated cheese
  • 2 tsp. margarine

Directions:

Make a white sauce by microwaving flour, milk and margarine 2 minutes on high. Microwave 2 minutes more, stirring after 1 minute. Add cheese and stir. Add crab and microwave 2 minutes. Serve over 2 cups cooked pasta.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 6-8 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

April 18, 2010 Flag

Has anyone used imitation crab to make crab cakes? And, also, do you have a good recipe to make the crab cakes with the imitation crab?

By Donna

Answers:

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I have done this, and we really liked them. I am not sure where I got the recipe I used, maybe from Savingdinner.com. (03/01/2010)

By Tooz

February 27, 2010 Flag

I purchased an 8 oz. pkg. of refrigerated imitation crab meat. Could any advise me on a quick and simple recipe to use this? Doesn't matter, could be appetizer, salad, lunch, or dinner.
Thanks.

By monnat96 from Pingree Grove, IL

Answers:

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

Well, just my personal opinion, but imitation crab is a waste of money because doesn't even taste like crab. For only a bit more per ounce you can have the real thing.

Here's my own tangy cocktail sauce to serve it with and it's quick and easy and will stay fresh in a closed container in the fridge for about a month.

• 1/3 cup catsup
  • 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tbls lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Dash of pepper
  • Garlic salt
  • Tabasco sauce

Combine first five ingredients and then add garlic salt to taste and then add Tabasco sauce to taste.
You could also add the crab in a simple crab salad (simply a bit of lettuce topped with the crab and cocktail sauce) or in an omelet. (09/14/2009)

By Deeli

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

Here is my favorite recipe for imitation crab. Use two plump tomatoes and dice them, finely chop a green jalapeno, finely dice a quarter of a onion. Flake the imitation crab. Mix all the ingredients and finally add the juice of two to three decent sized limes. Add salt to your liking. This is a healthy, light and refreshing salad. By the way you can eat it on tostadas found on the Mexican aisle or with crackers. Enjoy hope you like it.

Sabrina (09/14/2009)

By tomnsaby

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I have an easy and tasty one.

• 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 soup can about 3/4 full of milk

Usually I serve this with cooked rice mixed in, but it is also good with pasta. A great way to use up leftover rice or pasta. Very creamy and tasty. My cousin's fiancee, who is a picky eater, even loves this. (09/14/2009)

By linguistmarcie

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I mash it up, mix with a block of cream cheese and put a small scoop into wonton wrappers, close up and deep fry. Look up recipes for crab Rangoon to find different versions of this. (09/15/2009)

By micksgirl

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I like to use it for crab salad. Chop the crab and add some chopped celery and onion then mix with just enough mayonnaise or Miracle Whip to hold it together. Season as desired. This is good on a sandwich or with tomatoes and cucumber. Enjoy. (09/15/2009)

By Joankay

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

My fave recipe for imitation crab is as follows:

Saute some onion till soft and a little caramelized (about 5 minutes) add flaked crab and saute another 2 minutes. Scramble some eggs and add to pan. Cook to you liking. Top with shredded or sliced cheese (I prefer Monterrey Jack) cover to let melt (about 1 minute). Ta da, pure yum! Add some toast (I like English muffins), and fruit. A BLD meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner). Of course I would prefer real crab, but this is really a good substitute. Enjoy. (09/18/2009)

By katklaw777

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

Oh, I forgot, if I happen to have a ripe avocado I will make my eggs more like an omelet style and put the cheese and sliced avocado on one side, then fold the eggs over it. Healthy and delish. (09/18/2009)

By katklaw777

September 14, 2009 Flag

We like the taste of imitation crab. One of our local stores sells packages of it for $1.00 for a 12 oz. or so package.

Food and Recipes Recipes SeafoodMay 23, 2013
Cooked Crab
Cooking With Crab Meat
Crab Quiche
Crab Quiche Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 6:13:24 PM on 10.0.2.7 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.