Recipes Using Rice Krispies

There are many recipes using Rice Krispies in addition to the traditional cereal and marshmallow treats. This page contains recipes using Rice Krispies.

Rice Krispie Cereal Bar
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 1, 2011 Flag

When I was younger I used to go to my friend's house and spend the weekends. My friend's step-mom used to make a dessert, that was so good. It was made with Rice Krispies, ice cream, and chocolate, but I can't remember what else.

The Rice Krispies were mixed with something to make the bottom layer (maybe mixed like Rice Krispies treats?). I think the ice cream was softened then put over the bottom layer, then put back in the freezer to harden. Then you melted chocolate and drizzled it over top of the whole thing and froze again to harden the chocolate.

She always made it in a 13 inch x 9 inch pan. Have any of you ever heard of something like this? Thanks for any help you can give me.

By Cindy from OH

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sounds good! Give it a try with the Rice Krispies treats and if that doesn't taste just right (it might be just a little too sweet) then try it with the basic graham cracker crust, substituting Rice Krispies for the graham crackers. Go ahead and add a little cinnamon to the baked (graham cracker) crust. Let us know how it turns out.

I haven't tried any of these recipes. Maybe one of them is what you are looking for. Good luck.

Rice Krispies Ice Cream Bars

3 cups crushed Rice Krispies

1 cup grated coconut

¾ cup finely chopped pecans

½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed

½ cup butter, melted

½ gallon vanilla ice cream

Topping of your choice

Combine Rice Krispies, coconut, pecans, sugar and butter. Spread half of the mixture on the bottom of a 9x13" cake pan. Pat into place.

Carefully cut open the sides of the ice cream container. Slice vanilla ice cream and place on top of mixture. Spread other half of Rice Krispies mixture on top. Freeze.

To serve, slice into bars and serve with chocolate syrup or other topping of choice.

Crispy Rice Ice Cream Bars

2 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal

1/2 cup melted butter

1 cup flaked coconut

1/2 cup chopped nuts

1 cup light brown sugar

1 quart softened ice cream, flavor of your choice

Mix the cereal, butter, coconut, nuts and sugar together in a bowl.

Spread half of the mixture in a 9x9x2" pan. Spread the ice cream over the top of the cereal mixture.

Spread the remaining cereal mixture over top of ice cream. Place in the freezer to set. Cut into squares and serve.

December 23, 2009 Flag

Light and fluffy bite size treats.

• 3 large egg whites
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
  • 2 cups rice krispies
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch

Directions:

Separate the eggs when they're cold but wait until they're at room temperature for the most volume when whipping. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 200 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Beat the egg whites and salt with a whisk until thick and foamy in a large bowl. Sprinkle in the confectioners' sugar and beat at high speed until firm and glossy, about 5 minutes.

Toss together the coconut, rice cereal and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Gently fold in to the egg mixture until combined.

Drop rounded teaspoons of the mixture about 1 inch apart on to the cookie sheets. Bake until firm and dry to the touch, about 1 hour. Allow to cool completely.

Source: Tried these for the first time last year and I think found the recipe at the Kellogg's Rice Krispies recipe site.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

February 6, 2005 Flag

• 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 4 cups Rice Krispies
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup chopped nuts
  • 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream

Directions:

Melt the butter and the sugar. Pour over the Rice Krispies, coconut, and the nuts. Press 2/3 of this mixture into a 9x13 inch pan. Freeze this until firm. Remove the box around the ice cream and slice into 1 1/2 inch slabs and spread over bottom. Cover with remaining mixture. Freeze.

By Robin

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 3, 2008 Flag

Ingredients

• Rice Krispies
  • 1 stick margarine, melted
  • chicken pieces
  • salt, opt.
*Need foil-lined pan.

Directions

Put Rice Krispies on waxed paper or plate and crunch up a little. Dip chicken pieces in margarine and then Rice Krispies. Put on foil-lined pan. Salt, if you want. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour. You don't have to turn the chicken so you can go on with something else and not watch it closely.

By Robin from Washington, IA

October 1, 2007 Flag

These are the best ones I've ever eaten!

Ingredients

• 4 1/2 cups regular rice krispies
  • 1 1/2 cups cocoa rice krispies
  • 3 Tbsp. oleo
  • 10 oz bag of marshmallows

Directions

Melt butter on stove, melt marshmallows letting them singe just a smidgeon (kind of like campfire marshmallows just barely singed light brown, careful!). Mix in all of rice krispies. Pat out in buttered 13x9 inch pan. These were what I thought going to be a boo-boo when they got singed a little. But boy I had a Eureka moment, I thought this is like my beloved campfire marshmallows. Wow, do I ever love them and will make them this way from here on out! Family is gobbling them up quickly, lol!

By Lori from Marion AR

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts DessertsJune 17, 2012
Rice Krispies Easter eggs.
Easter Rice Krispies Treat Recipes
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 1:31:06 AM on 10.0.2.245 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.