Cheerio Peanut Butter Treats
If you enjoy crispy rice treats give this Cheerio version a try. Marshmallows, butter, and peanut butter are melted to form the base and then you mix in the cereal. Everyone will be standing around the fridge waiting to enjoy this tasty snack.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a little different from the rice krispie treats. You use Cheerios and peanut butter so it has that crispy, lightly peanut flavor! Really delicious, easy and fun to make, too.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut or other nut butter
- 5 cups Cheerios
- Grease a 9 X 11 inch dish. I always save and use the paper around my sticks of butter for this. It works perfectly and then you throw the paper away!
- Add butter, marshmallow and peanut butter together and heat in the microwave, one minute at a time stirring between until melted and smooth. Mine took 2 minutes, but I probably could have left it 15-30 seconds longer to make it smoother.
- Pour in cereal and mix to coat.
- Spread into the greased dish, pressing it down to form a tighter shaped treat.
- Refrigerate an hour and it's ready to enjoy!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.