Cheerio Peanut Butter Treats
This is a little different from the rice krispie treats. You use Cheerios and peanut butter so it has that crispy, lightly peanut flavor! Really delicious, easy and fun to make, too.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 6 cups marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut or other nut butter
- 5 cups Cheerios
- Grease a 9 X 11 inch dish. I always save and use the paper around my sticks of butter for this. Works perfectly and then you throw the paper away!
- Add butter, marshmallow and peanut butter together and heat in microwave, one minute at a time stirring between until melted and smooth. Mine took 2 minutes but I probably could have left it 15-30 seconds longer to make it smoother.
- Pour in cereal and mix to coat.
- Spread into dish, pressing it down to form a tighter shaped treat.
- Refridge an hour and it's ready to enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!