Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips
This carb conscious snack has all the flavor of salt and vinegar potato chips without the guilt. Use an oven or a dehydrator to add a satisfying crispness to the flavored zucchini slices.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Another way to take advantage of the abundance of zucchini is this healthy, low-carb alternative to traditional potato or corn chips.
Total Time: 15 min prep. 3-14 hours cook time
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Shared on Facebook
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Slice zucchini as thinly as possible. You can use a mandolin for this.
- Whisk the oil and vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl or plastic bag and coat with the oil and vinegar mixture.
- Put the zucchini on parchment-paper lined pan, if you are using an oven. In a dehydrator arrange in an even layer on the racks.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- If using the oven, it will take between 2-3 hours at 200 degrees F. Rotate the pan halfway through. If using dehydrator, it will take between 8-14 hours.
- Store the chips in an airtight container.