Chili Crispitos Recipes

Category Snacks
This guide contains chili crispitos recipes. These deep fried, rolled up tortillas are filled with seasoned meat. You can add beans, cheese, peppers, and onions to the filling. Give these recipes a try!

What is the recipe for chili chrispos? I ate them at school and they are good.

By paige monk from Somerville, AL

Answers

Best Answer

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. cheese
Small onion
Sm. can refried beans
1 dozen flour tortillas
Hot sauce

Fry ground beef and onion together. Grate cheese. Warm tortilla over open flame on top of stove. Place in each tortilla 2 tablespoons ground beef, 2 tablespoons refried beans, cheese and hot sauce. Fold into a 4 inch square. Fry in skillet with oil until crisp. Cool and eat.

I'm looking for how to make chili crispitos. I ate them in school and I've looked all over the internet for the recipe. All I can find are school lunch menus. Please help me!

XWingsxxOnxxFireXx from WI

Answers:

Chili Crispitos Recipe

I love them too! I called the school that used to make them. Guess what! They are made by Tyson. I bought a box from the school. Delicious (05/22/2006)

By Felicia

Chili Crispitos Recipe

My school offers chili crispitos through a website called www.marketday.com. Maybe there is one in your area. (05/22/2006)

By Jenni

Chili Crispitos Recipe

These sound similar to the various products you can buy in the frozen section of the grocery, sometimes they are corn tortillas, sometimes flour. ChiChi's used to have something called a Mexican spring roll that is also similar, Perkins now serves something similar in their appetizers section. This is a recipe I found online under "taquito." Try it and adapt as necessary!

Chicken Taquitos: Authentic Mexican Recipe!

• boneless chicken breast or other parts
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 2 Tbls. chili powder
  • 2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 medium onion, red preferred
  • 2 medium bell peppers
  • 3 Tbls. cooking oil
  • 1 can tomatoes, whole or chopped
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • salt, to taste
  • 12 to 24 Soft Tortillas

Directions:

1. In a 4-quart pan, add chicken breasts and salt. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, loosely cover. Cook over medium low heat for one hour. Drain, saving the broth. Set chicken aside to cool.
  2. When cooled, chop into small pieces.
  3. In the same pot add the oil. Saute the onion and diced bell peppers. Cook over low heat until lightly sauteed.
  4. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes.
  5. In a blender, place the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic, cumin, and oregano. Blend well.
  6. Pour mixture into pan along with 2 cups of the broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer about 15-20 minutes.

7. Add salt, to taste.
  8. Heat oil in a skillet. Cook corn tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil until soft, about 5-10 seconds. Drain on prepared plate covered with paper towels.
  9. Strain liquid, then spoon 1 tablespoon of the chicken meat into the center of each tortilla. Roll the tortilla around the chicken filling into a fluted shape. Use toothpicks to hold the tortilla in shape.
  10. Fry the chicken taquitos approximately 2-3 minutes or until the tortilla holds its shape. It is better if the taquitos are on the soft side, not crispy. You need to turn them only once.

Serve with Mexican rice or with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole on the side, usually 2-3 taquitos per plate. See the Mexican rice recipe under Tijuana rice!

Enjoy!

Preparation Time: Slow
Serves: Many
Recipe Origin: Mexico
Submitted by:
Capt. Tom Smith,
Florida,
United States

(05/23/2006)

By Angel Doebler

Chili Crispitos Recipe

I found this thanks to Jenni for the marketday site. They look like the ones I used to get in school, just like most of you remember :)

http://www.marketday.com/shopping/products.aspx?menu=Oandpg=0andsk=4ands=chili%20crispitos (01/30/2008)

By Kat

Chili Crispitos Recipe

We used to buy ours through Market Day at school, now they only offer them at certain times which I think is really inconvenient. Just a suggestion though, we serve ours like this: Bake them, on each ones plate top with nacho cheese from Sam's Club with green chilies in it (you have to add the green chilies yourself), lettuce, tomato, onion, and sour cream, my family of 5 love them. We just wish we could get them more often. (08/19/2008)