Breaded Zucchini Recipes

Category Vegetables
Breaded Zucchini
A great way to prepare this vegetable is by adding a coating and frying. This page contains breaded zucchini recipes.

Ingredients

• 1 or 2 fresh zucchinis, thinly sliced in circles (don't peel)
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 to 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs (Italian is the operative word)
  • Ad

• Shortening (for deep frying)

Directions

Coat zucchini slices with flour. Dip in the beaten egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Deep-fry at 375 degrees F until golden. Serve immediately with Creamy Garlic Dip.

Garlic Dip

Ingredients

• 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup real mayonnaise (no pretenders)
  • 1 package ranch salad dressing mix
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)

Directions

Combine ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate to blend flavors, Flavor gets stronger as it sits, up to three weeks.

By Connie from Oden, Arkansas

In visiting a restaurant I had zucchini breaded with some crumbs. How could i fix this at my home?

Anna from Missouri

Answers

Just wash the Zucchini well and slice in 1/4 inch pieces (round) Soak slices in cold salt water for an

hour or so. Take corn meal mix or bread crumbs and put in plastic bag. Shake a few slices of zucchini in bag with corn meal and fry in oil. You will need a large skilet and get the oil hot before frying zucchini. Fry until brown on the bottom and turn over and brown the other side. Drain on paper towels and place cooked zucchini where it will stay warm until you get all of it fried. You will need to watch very close when you are frying, as they cook very quick. You can add spices to corn meal if desired. We have been eating zucchini like this since I was a small girl and all of my children love it too. I am 68, so you know I have been fixing this a very long time. Hope you enjoy making this and it is close to what you had before.

Pat in GA

You could also cut the zucchini into long thin strips and fry it up that way. Most restaurants serve it longways. It takes less time to fry when its in thin strips also. I use Italian bread crumbs when I make it at home, then I sprinkle it with grated parmesan cheese. I love breaded zucchini!!

Sandy

I don't know about Zucchini but I know this works with yellow squash. I cut the squash into rings and make a batter of flour and club soda. The batter will be about the consistancy of pancake mix. Drop the squash into the batter a few at a time then drop them into a deep fryer until they are brown. They will be crunchy and hot. This is an excellent way to fix squash. I am not a squash eater but I sure learned to be after trying it cooked this way. YUM!!!!

I would like to bread my zucchini before freezing. It would be more convient. any suggestions

This is how we did it. After washing the zuchiini, trim off both ends. Cut into round slices about 1/8th- inch thick and drop into a bowl that has as much ice as water and allow them to sit for 10 minutes. Heat 1/2" of vegetable oil to 350º. Set up a work area near the stove with a small bowl of flour, liquid egg (such as eggbeaters) or beaten egg and Japanese bread crumbs (known as Panko). Drain off the zuchinni and blot onto a dry kitchen towel. Immediately drop the slices into the flour, egg and breading then place on a dinner plate until all zuchinni is breaded. Fry zuchinni rounds (do not crowd the pan) in zuchinni for 45 seconds and turn each one over. Fry them for another 30 seconds or until light brown. Remove them to a plate lined with a double layer of papertowels and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place onto a serving plate and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

I love fried zucchini or yellow squash and do it the usual way with egg wash and dipped in flour. The only problem I have is everyone comes by and snitches it while I am frying it and it rarely makes it to the dinner table lol. It's one of our favorite summer time treats.

We love fried squash or zucchini in the summer with it's bounty. I slice it in thin slices, dip in an egg wash then flour and fry. The only problem I have is that it rarely makes it to the dinner table with everyone "sampling" as it comes out of the pan and drained on paper towels. Salt and pepper to taste and you have a real treat.

Does any one out here have a good recipe for spices you can use with panko bread crumbs before freezing zucchini?