Recommendations for Books on Homemade Gifts for the Nonseamtress

Does anyone have any favorite books with instructions and ideas for homemade gifts? I looked at the selection in my local library, but they are full of sewing projects, and I am a wretched seamstress. I'd love to hear about people's favorite titles for making homemade gifts!

By Stephanie

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

One easy craft project is to make throws/blankets, throw pillows, etc. out of fleece, using two layers and cutting fringe in the layers and then tieing them together. You can even buy kits to make these. You can even find the directions by googling non-sewing crafts. When it comes to sewing the name of the game is to start out sewing things that just require straight seams and practice makes perfect. I am 71 and started out sewing by making doll clothes for my baby dolls when I was eight years old.

I don't have any books to recommend, but crafts like decoupage, candle making, soap making, glass painting or mosaics can make nice gifts without any need for sewing. :-)

Fuse crafts are always fun. You get the fun of using fabric yet all you do is iron, cut, and apply.

http://www.goog  65l1730l2.4.4l10

This will get you started. Also, like the anonymous poster, you can find other things to do. I sew but I am an avid crocheter. It's relaxing, and fun. I hope this helped!

Crafts AdviceJuly 15, 2011
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Study Table With Books
Decorating With Books
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:49:57 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.