Remedies for Dog Snoring

Category Health
bull dog snoring
Just like their owners dogs can have snoring issues. This is a guide about remedies for dog snoring.

My little dog has a breathing problem when she sleeps. She makes noises and snores. Can I use the saline solution and put those drops in her nose?

By Louise from Chattanooga, TN

*I* don't know, because I've never had or felt the need to put drops in any of my pets' noses. But I think it would be best for you to give your vet's office a call, and run this question past them. They might be able to give an answer over the phone. Or, if there are medical concerns (over either the snoring or drops), they should recommend an office visit.

Best of luck -- I hope that she's breathing better soon, and that everyone gets some good rest!

What kind of dog is it? Certain breeds like bulldogs or Pekinese (sp?) have pushed in noses and are know to have breathing issues. A little snoring is normal. Is your dog gasping for breath? I agree that a call to the vet is in order.

Snoring for some dogs is as normal as barking or wagging their tail. Do NOT put drops in his nose without asking a vet first!