Remedy for Itchy Skin

What is good for itchy skin, especially on back and feet?

By Rosie from Canada

A soak in a bath with oatmeal can ease itch quite well. I fill cheese cloth with oatmeal and let the bath water from the tap run through it while filling the tub. I've also found that mint added to lotion helps to ease itch.

Oatmeal baths, olive oil and sweet almond oil are good for itchy skin.

If there is no reason for the itch, and you have seen a doctor it could be nerve endings. Aspercreme usually works if it is a small area but not over a large area. that could be dangerous.

It depends on what is causing the itching. If your cause is the same as mine it's from dry skin on the back and mild callousing on the feet. For my back I gently rub with a loofah sponge when bathing. For the feet I use one of those small Dr Scholl sand paper type paddles once a week after soaking my feet. Oh, and right after you get out of the bath put your lotion on while skin is still damp.

Look into new research on eczema. Doctors have found that staph germs in the air sometimes cause skin problems. If you soak your feet in a very mild bleach solution, 1 tablespoon in a gallon of water, for a few minutes a day, it might help the itching. If it does help. then you could try it on a washcloth for your back.

I use St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash often. It really helps me. St. Ives also has the body lotion to go along with the body wash. Some other products that can help and depending on the severity are posted in the picture below. Now, if it is really serious and over the counter products don't work then I would suggest seeing a dermatologist.

Remedies for Itchy Skin
Remedies for Itchy Skin
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Dry SkinMay 5, 2011
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Itchy Puppy
Puppy With Itchy Yellow Bumps
Skin Folds
Treating a Rash in Skin Folds
🎉
🎄