Remember Freecycle

With Earth Day here I wanted to remind you of freecycle.org. It's a wonderful grass roots movement that is a great way to unclutter your home of unused items and a way to pay it forward by offering it to your local neighbors so they might use it.

By DebbyL950 from Springtown, TX

Editor's Note: Please do not post your Freecycle ads here. You should go directly to http://www.freecycle.org/ and post them there so the appropriate people will see them. We would love to hear feedback about how Freecycle has worked for you, good or bad.

Answers:

Remember Freecycle

It is a great place to go for asking for clothing for needy people, for instance after a fire. I just got a ferret cage from freecycle. It is a great place. You just ask for what you need and if someone has it they offer to give it to you. I have even seen cars given away. Robyn (04/22/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Remember Freecycle

They overloaded my mail box with e-mails! Could not unsubscribe from them and finally had to close out the e-mail account and get another address. Learned my lesson! No more Freecycle for me! (04/23/2009)

By Pepsi Gal

Remember Freecycle

I LOVE Freecycle. I have been a member for five years and can't begin to tell you how much "stuff" I have gotten and given! Not only do I keep my footprint small on the earth but I have saved tons of money. Furniture, sewing goods, books, clothes, you name it, sooner or later it shows up on Freecycle. Sign up and do yourself and your community a favor. (04/23/2009)

By ralphsroom

Remember Freecycle

I personally love Freecycle. They do send a lot of email but I have it go directly to a special folder. I have both gotten things and given away things and its always been a great experience. (04/23/2009)

By Goldm00n

Remember Freecycle

For the person who couldnt unsubscribe, its easy to unsub from a yahoo group. Just click edit membership, then click leave group. I am a moderator for our local freecycle. Its such a wonderful group. I have gotten a chair, mattresses and box springs, clothes, books, griddle, wok to name a few. I have also gotten rid of about twice as much as I have gotten. Its a good thing, lol. (04/23/2009)

By micksgirl

Remember Freecycle

To FreeCycle you have to jump on offers for things you want like ducks on a June bug - and beware offering anything truly useful. I felt horrible that I only had one hamper of clothing to give when I started out because in the first 10 minutes, I had five requests. :P

I don't recommend asking for anything you desperately need, because it's rare to get such items, no matter what they are. If you need it that badly, try the thrift shops first. You also have to pretty much screen your own recipients with FreeCycle, which can be difficult. You should also prepare for disappointments like people not mentioning the "wonderful" item they're giving is broken, and dishonest FreeCyclers who ask for things, then sell them at the local swap meet.

I still maintain my membership, but only to monitor whether there's anything requested I can give. (04/23/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Unsubscribing from Freecycle. Using Freecycle. Vintage furniture and TV.
Using Freecycle
Writing in a notebook with a pencil.
Learning Using Acronyms
Kids sitting and listening to their preschool teacher.
Name Ideas for a Preschool
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Unsubscribing from Freecycle
🎉
🎄