Remove Hard Water Deposits from Stemware

How do I remove hard water deposits from stemware?

By andyandotcanup from Independence, MO

Answers:

Put a few inches of water in a large bowl or kitchen sink. Add a few inches of distilled vinegar. Soak glasses for 10 minutes, remove, rinse immediately, then dry. If spots are not gone, you will know right away. In this case, place them back in water/vinegar a bit longer and repeat the ending steps, drying completely. This should help. (08/23/2009)

By dashman2002

I would use straight vinegar, or even CLR. CLR and vinegar do not hurt glass. I am not sure about lead crystal, so if these are very expensive crystal stemware, you might try googling for some cleaning info about that. However, I suspect if it is not, then vinegar or CLR will do the trick.

If this is a deposit that forms when they are in the dishwasher, you can pour a cup or so of vinegar in the last rinse load, and that should help prevent the problem. I had to do that in one house we lived in that had very hard water. (08/23/2009)

By louel53

Ahh, the hard water in Missouri! Well, I use distilled vinegar in the rinse-aid dispenser in the dishwasher and this prevents those stains. Try mixing a bit of baking soda and distilled vinegar to remove those spots. (08/29/2009)

By meoowmom

Some wine glasses in a dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Deposits from Glassware
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Water Heater
Removing Calcium Deposits in a Water Heater
🎉
🎄