How to Remove Calcium Deposits on Faucets

Hard water spots or calcium deposits develop wherever the minerals in you household water remain after the liquid evaporates. Faucets are a common place to find them. Vinegar is a good cleaner for this job. This is a guide about how to remove calcium deposits on faucets.

How do I remove calcium deposits from chrome faucets?

By yvonne from Cornwall, Ontario

Answers

Best Answer

Depending on how big the area is, grab a washcloth/dishrag and soak it in straight-up white vinegar. Lay the washcloth over the area and leave it, the longer the better. Then just rinse and buff!

How do you remove calcium deposits on a faucet?

By Carol DeYoung from Ocala, FL

Answers:

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

Hot vinegar works like a charm. Just put a little in the microwave until it is hot. Pour on and wipe off. (04/04/2009)

By shirley dobie

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

I agree with the vinegar. We usually just fill a Ziploc bag with some vinegar, stick the faucet inside the Ziploc bag and put a rubberband around the faucet and bag and let sit for awhile. It comes clean every time without any scrubbing. (04/05/2009)

By Jenni

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

CLR works great. And you can find it anywhere. You just spray on and wipe off. (04/06/2009)

By jessica

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

Vinegar is an acid, so you'll want to test a drop on an inconspicuous part of the faucet before you do the whole thing.

Based on a review in Family Handyman I tried Bring It On Cleaner on my horribly stained faucets. I had to leave it on for a few minutes, but I'm satisfied with the results.

I was able to get a free sample at www.bringitoncleaner.com. (04/07/2009)

By Don