Calcium Deposits on Faucet

How do you remove calcium deposits on a faucet?

By Carol DeYoung from Ocala, FL

Answers:

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

Hot vinegar works like a charm. Just put a little in the microwave until it is hot. Pour on and wipe off. (04/04/2009)

By shirley dobie

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

I agree with the vinegar. We usually just fill a Ziploc bag with some vinegar, stick the faucet inside the Ziploc bag and put a rubberband around the faucet and bag and let sit for awhile. It comes clean every time without any scrubbing. (04/05/2009)

By Jenni

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

CLR works great. And you can find it anywhere. You just spray on and wipe off. (04/06/2009)

By jessica

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

Vinegar is an acid, so you'll want to test a drop on an inconspicuous part of the faucet before you do the whole thing.

Based on a review in Family Handyman I tried Bring It On Cleaner on my horribly stained faucets. I had to leave it on for a few minutes, but I'm satisfied with the results.

I was able to get a free sample at www.bringitoncleaner.com. (04/07/2009)

By Don