Removing Baby Formula Stains

If you have baby clothes with formula, food or puke stains (even old ones), this works:

Soak the clothes in a bucket of water with a powder oxygen cleaner (like Sun or Arm and Hammer). Put lemon juice on it, if it's white. Lay them out in the bright sun on a really cold day for several hours (they will be stiff like a sheet of ice), then wash them like normal. Repeat until the stain comes out, but I've only had to do this twice at most. The most important part is it must be sunny and cold. I even tried this with a comforter with Sharpie marker on it and it came off before I even washed it!

By Mandi from Cleveland Ohio

Answers:

Removing Baby Formula Stains

The best trick I have ever seen for getting out ANY baby stain (meaning something coming from their body - spit-up, pooh, etc) - is meat tenderizer. Just buy the powdered meat tenderizer and add a little water to make a paste - smear onto stain and let stand a couple hours (I usually do this overnight just for ease) and wash as normal. The stains lift right out.

What keeps a biological stain in the clothing is the protein base of the stain and until you break down the proteins - the stain can't release. Also makes you go eww just a little when you realize that the spit up stain means some part of that spit up is literally still in the garment in order for color to remain....yuck - even if it's technically still sanitary since it's been washed it's not a nice thought. Much nicer to just get the stain gone.

This also works great on blood stains! (11/17/2007)

Removing Baby Formula Stains

I read that using hydrogen peroxide would work for old stains. I tried it and was not happy with the results. Some of my baby clothes yellowed dramatically when I sprayed them with the peroxide. So I soaked them overnight in half a kitchen sink full of hot water and added 6 denture cleaning tabs. I knew this worked on antique linen stains, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try on baby clothes. All the stains came out - even the yellowing from the peroxide. All my little gowns are sparkling clean and look like new! (05/27/2008)

By isto357

Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
Baby Formula Scoop
Craft Ideas Using Baby Formula Scoops
Saving Money on Baby Formula, Baby bottle laying on its side with formula in it.
Saving Money on Baby Formula
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄