Browsing: Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Condensation from Inside a Watch

Condensation can build up inside a watch that is exposed to water or extreme humidity. This is a guide about removing condensation from inside a watch.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 13, 2012 Flag

How can i remove condensation from inside a watch?

By Rob J from Philadelphia, PA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Not sure if this will work but... I know that if you drop your cell phone in water and put it in a jar of rice (uncooked), the rice draws the moisture out of the phone. I've done it and it worked. You might try it with your watch.

Try leaving it on a sunny window sill for a few hours.

You need to take off the back of the watch (either screw or pry off) then remove the inner workings, if possible. Place everything under a lamp so the heat evaporates all moisture. Leave as long as needed. If you don't open the watch up, the moisture will rust the inner workings. Hope this helps. I actually do this at work as I work in a jewellery shop.

To protect the watch, wrap it loosely in a thin scrap of cotton cloth (a handkerchief works well). Then place it on a layer of silica gel (used for drying flowers - available in craft stores) and add a layer of silica gel on top. Leave it for a day or two and all moisture will be absorbed.

February 25, 2007 Flag

I bought a watch not realizing it was not water resistant. It got wet and now has condensation on the glass. How do I get rid of the condensation?

Sharon from Mililani, HI

I had the this problem and was told by someone in a jewelry dept. to take the back off and let it air dry for a few days. It worked!!!

You could always place it above a reading lamp, or for that matter any lamp in the house and in a few hours the head from the lamp will dry it out.

Manila, Philippines: the rice solution works. I couldn't get the back off the watch. In the absence of any watch repair shops in the area, I put the watch in rice in a bag and left it in the sunlight for 24 hours. Result, no more condensation in the watch. Thanks for the suggestion.

But there's only 12 hours of sunlight a day

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Repair Other WatchesJune 15, 2012
Car Window With Condensation
Removing Condensation from Car Windows
Mold on Window Seals
Getting Rid of Mold on Window Seals
Condensation in Mobile Home
Condensation in Mobile Home
Ceiling
Condensation Buildup on a Ceiling
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 29, 2016 at 8:24:45 PM on 10.0.2.43 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.