Removing Crazy Glue

I would like to know how to remove dried Crazy glue from a microfiber sofa.

By bill7 from NY

Answers:

Removing Crazy Glue

Being a fiber, you'll want to test this on an inconspicuous portion of your sofa first, but what removes Crazy Glue is acetone nail polish remover. Make sure it's acetone and not non-acetone. I would try first with placing it on a soft cloth and gently rubbing but, being fabric, you might want to 'rough up' the fabric a tiny bit with a very soft toothbrush after applying the acetone to the fabric.

Acetone easily removes Crazy Glue from all other surfaces so I don't see why it wouldn't work on fabric too. I hope this helps you. (10/09/2009)

By Deeli

Removing Crazy Glue

Hobby stores usually sell a product that is made for removing crazy glue; uncure or debonder. (10/09/2009)

By dayzfan

Removing Crazy Glue

Crazy Glue actually dissolves plastic a bit. Microfiber is a type of plastic polymer fabric, and will most likely dissolve or turn slick if you use Acetone. I used to use Acetone to clean heel marks on lighter shoes and could count on losing finish so I had to work quickly and gently, most often living with the damage!

I'd call the mfg. or store where you bought the furniture first. Have you checked online for "Microfiber chemical damage repair?" You may have to settle for a type of "suede cleaner" and a suede brush that is fine wire, in the conspicuous area underneath first. Use a light touch and gentle hand in short brush strokes, regardless. Good luck and God bless you. :) (10/10/2009)

By lyndagayle62