Removing Super Glue

When crafting or repairing an item it is possible to accidentally get the glue on clothing, the work surface, and elsewhere. Depending on where the glue is there are a number of safe methods for trying to remove it. This is a guide about removing super glue.

This is a guide about cleaning glue residue from pots and pans. Label glue is often difficult to remove.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about removing Super Glue from skin. Removing Super Glue from your skin without irritation can be done.

This is a guide about removing super glue from eyeglasses. Super glue is meant to be permanent, so when you get it on something accidentally, it can be frustrating.

Super Glue sticks to most anything and it's certainly no fun to come across a hardened drop of it on your countertop. Thankfully there are simple solutions for removing it.

This is a guide about removing Super Glue from kitchen countertop.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about removing super glue from hair. Before you get out the scissors, there are some ways you can try to remove Super Glue from hair.

This is a guide about removing Super Glue from clothing. Super Glue is a very strong bonding product, not a good thing if you get some on your clothes.

This is a guide about removing Super Glue from wood furniture. If you have ever accidentally gotten Super Glue on your furniture while making a repair, you know that removing it safely can be difficult.

How can I remove nail glue from glass?

Ashley from London

Answers

By Caroline (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Had superglue stuck to my windscreen and really needed to get it off. Tried alcohol did not work. Nail varnish remover worked really well. All glue is removed. Thanks for the tip.

By Eric Smith (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try egg white its always worked for me. I'm a carpenter and am forever getting superglue on my hands its just the job!

By jim h (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I got superglue on my glasses. I took the advise to try magic eraser and It worked great. Thank you very much!

By Phillip Snyder (Guest Post)
Best Answer

My children got superglue on my granite countertops. I tried acetone nothing, I tried magic erasure and nothing.

I put acetone on my magic erasure and it came off like nothing! Perfect combo for superglue.

By Gina (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I just removed some superglue from our granite countertops with a razor blade like one you'd use to removed paint from windows. I just gently scraped it off and it lifted right up.

How do I remove super glue off of glass? Thanks
- Eva

Removing Super Glue

Try using nail polish remover (for your hands) its worked a couple times for me. (07/26/2005)

By

Removing Super Glue

I found it effective with a scrubber and forceful rubbing. result assured.
(loss of skin, gain of pain extra) (09/24/2005)

By pesimist

Removing Super Glue

Super glue can be removed with acetone.

The best household source of this is usually nail polish remover. However, be sure to check the bottle as some are not acetone based.

Adding a little nail polish remover to a cotton bud is usually the safest way to get the job done.

Do not apply to sensitive areas such as lips. (03/18/2007)

By Robin H

Removing Super Glue

I tried nail polish, it didn't work. I have super glue on my glasses, and I cant see a thing without my glass.

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) I'm assuming you are saying nail polish remover. There is also a super glue solvent that is sold at most places where super glue is sold. You could try that.
(04/12/2007)

By Loraine

Removing Super Glue

Acetone Acetone, will remove super glue I am a witness to that. This women who did not know what she was doing put it all over my hair instead of my braids but anyways acetone works for sure. The thing is you have to keep working it in with your hand or a cotton ball. I preferred my hands it worked quicker so try that for sure.

You can get it at sally's beauty supply store, they carry pure acetone. keep posting these blogs becuase it saved my hair so I'm just passing it on. (07/10/2007)

By tupretty25

Removing Super Glue

I tried nail polish remover, but no luck at all. perhaps it didn't have enough acetone content, but nevertheless I tried my favorite trick: Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. Guess what - IT WORKED! it takes some elbow grease, you do have to rub for quite a while, but the result is: all of the super glue came off. Don't get discouraged if after 20 seconds of rubbing at one spot doesn't show much result, keep doing it, it WILL come off, and no scratches - I did it on my mirror. Good luck! (08/24/2007)

By Diamond

Removing Super Glue

I just used nail polish remover on my lenses, & it worked great! Just make sure to remove the lenses first. Acetone WILL discolor your frames. (01/31/2008)

By Damon

Removing Super Glue

Try WD40. Don't get it in your eyes or swallow it. (03/08/2008)

By andy

Removing Super Glue

I had super glue on my transition glasses, bought some nailer polish remover - did not work. Tried some Magic Eraser, and after rubbing for a few minutes, every bit was gone.

Be patient and keep rubbing - it will work. (04/10/2008)

By Willard