Removing Super Glue from Skin

Removing Super Glue from your skin without irritation can be done. This is a guide about removing Super Glue from skin.

Apply lotion to your skin before using super glue. It will peel off easily if you get any on you.

By Roxy from St. Louis, MO

My tip is the 'antidote' to Superglue, for when you stick yourself to something, your fingers together or even worse to the tube of superglue. Cooking oil and lots of patience will remove or unstick Superglue. I guarantee this, it is also what they use in hospitals if you turn up there with your eyes glued shut as someone in Australia did recently, mistaking the Super glue for eye drops in the fridge. I glued the tube to my fingers last night and removed it and separated my fingers with cooking oil. Took a bit of time and patience, but it worked and no skin off.

By Trish

Use nail polish remover to unhinge super glue from your fingers.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Instead of washing your hands with chemicals to remove super glue from your fingers, dip your fingers into some water, then into a good amount of salt, make a salt paste and rub it around. Rinse with warm water. If you're left with a bit more super glue on your fingers, repeat the process until it's gone. You'll also be left with beautifully smooth, naturally exfoliated hands.

This is a tip that I came across today quite by accident and I thought to share. I'm sure that it will come in handy.

Yesterday, I was working with Super Glue and (as usual for me) I wasn't wearing gloves so I got some on my fingers. Internet suggested nail polish remover or a paste of salt and lemon juice but nada, it didn't work. I thought I'd just have to wait a few days for it to come off on its own.

Today, I was painting with a latex paint, another job without wearing gloves. At lunchtime, I washed the paint from my hands and, son of a gun, the Super Glue came off too. Obviously there's something in latex paint that dissolves the glue. Yay!

How can I remove dried super glue from my hands?

Mrs. Umar

Answers

Nail polish remover w/ acitone.

I have gotten super glue on my fingers and use hand cream to work into it and comes off with some rubbing the hand cream into skin. Alot easier on fingers than nail polish.

I had this happen to me last night. I was using super glue and didn't bother to use the tip that comes with it and got glue all over my fingers. That is the worst feeling! I was out of nail polish remover so I used an emery board on my fingers instead. I basically sanded the glue off! It worked, I used lotion on my hands after washing them real good and this morning you can't even tell I had glue all over. They're so soft!

My daughter recently got a bad cut on her arm and the doctor super glued(yes, real super glue)it instead in stitches. The doctor said not to apply neosporin or petrolium jelly to the wound because it was the antidote for super glue. Give it a try!

use neosporin it worked for me

THE NAILM FILE WORKED REALLY GOOD. THANK GOODNESS DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO UNTIL I REMEMBERED THIS WEBSITE
BLESS YOU ALL

I just got Super Glue on my thumb and didn't realize it until it was dry and uncomfortable.

I used a little hand lotion and rubbed it on my thumb for about 90 seconds and it peeled right off in big pieces.

Simple solution that I wish I'd learned sooner!!

I would like to know how to remove Super Glue from you fingernail, can you help me?

Petrolium Jelly, followed by dish detergent. Better than hand cream or acetone.

I just got Super Glue on my fingers and while I was reading these posts, I thought of something. I recently bought a Ped Egg that removes dry skin and calluses from feet. I tried it on the places where the Super Glue was and it worked. It took the glue off without hurting my skin.

I just wanted to say that, I had super glue all over my fingers and of course freaked out, I checked this post and tried the neosporin and it worked like a charm. You rub it on the areas that are affected and then I took a nail file and it really worked great, thanks for the advice.

So thankful for this page! We didn't have acetone or Vaseline, but we did have A&D ointment based on petroleum jelly. It worked, zero pain and as if nothing happened.

Terrific tips! I just had super glue all over my hand and no access to acetone. I didn't have petroleum jelly or neosporin, but I used petroleum-based lip balm that I had in my work desk drawer and a nail file. whoo hoo! All gone.

Nothing worked for me. Any other ideas? Do you use the nail file while the neosporin is still on the fingers? Any ideas how to get it off corian counters?

All I did to remove a thick coat of superglue from my fingers & back of my hand was use a nail file.
I filed away at the superglue spots for about 3 minutes and WALLAH! All of it was gone, and left my hands soft.
I was concerned that using a nail file would rub my skin raw, but it doesn't at all...just softens it. :)

How can I get Instant Krazy Glue Gel off my hand? It dried on the palm of my hand and is rough. I tried dish soap and water, and then WD-40. But the crustiness on my skin still remains.

David from Van Nuys, CA

Answers

Hi David! If it is the glue that's rough (and not your skin that became rough), you should be able to remove it with fingernail polish remover with acetate in it. I hope this helps.

My uncle did that once, glued his fingers together actually. I don't know how he removed it, but I know he called the poison control center and they had some ideas.

Put some nail polish remover on a cotton ball and rub your hand, but not too hard or for too long. You may have to repeat this procedure a few times but it should work!

I was trying to glue the leg back on a porcelin horse of mine, and to my dismay I glued my thumb, first finger to it as well. I tried the nail polish remover, all that did was make my skin white in parts (like taking off a band-aide does), so tried the olive oil. That worked very well, and not only that it didn't wreck my skin.

Apply lotion to your hands before using super glue. If any gets on your hands, it will come off easy.

By Kim from St. Louis, MO

Answers:

Put Lotion on Hands Before Using Super Glue

Oh what a wonderful thing to share with us here! My husband is always using super glue for something or other, and always gets it on his fingers. I am so glad to know this tip!
(02/20/2010)

By Barb in Tennessee