Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop

Category Tips
Super Glue sticks to most anything and it's certainly no fun to come across a hardened drop of it on your countertop. Thankfully there are simple solutions for removing it. This is a guide about removing Super Glue from kitchen countertop.

How can I get Crazy glue off of my countertop? It's a composite laminate.

By Eli from Brooklyn, NY

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Soak the spot for a minute or two with acetone (not non-acetone) nail polish remover and rub well with a cotton ball or soft cotton rag. It will not harm the laminate at all and you won't be risking scratching it.

Best Answer

Finger nail polish remover worked great on a bottle of Super Glue that the bottle developed a hole in it and there was a half inch blob on my counter. It softened it up enough to get a nail file under most of it and with more of using my fingernail scrubbing I got it all off. Thanks for the information!

How do I remove super glue from a Formica counter top?

Answers

Best Answer

If it won't pry off with something like the edge of a putty knife, try a tiny amount of non acetone nail polish remover or a debonding solution

Best Answer

Per this link, it's recommended to use a solution and then try to scrape off the superglue with a razor. You can try baby oil, cooking oil, acetone, or nail polish remover.

More in depth information: www.doityourself.com/.../how-should-i-remove-super-glue-from...

Best Answer

Be very careful using a putty knife or nail polish remover as both can damage your counter top if used incorrectly.

• I would try to soften the glue before using a putty knife, even if it is just with hot water and dish soap.
  • When using a putty knife try placing a thin cloth over the end for a softer end and maybe there will not be any scratches left on your top. Do not press hard but try to just gently push the glue.
  • If trying to use nail polish remover (with acetone) I suggest using a q-tip instead of a rag or paper towel so you can pinpoint just the top of the glue. Always test (under the edge) to see if you can use this on your type of counter top. Sometimes it will remove the top glaze and that cannot be repaired.
  • Here are instructions from a Formica company:
  • Rub over the super glue spot with a nylon scrubbing pad and hot water. Alternate applying the acetone or nail polish remover, gently prying with the putty knife and scrubbing with hot water until the glue is gone.
  • Ad

• Always test the solvent on an inconspicuous area first to check for discoloration or compatibility issues.
  • Wipe down the laminate counter top with a rag and soapy water to remove any residue.
  • Here are some easy to follow suggestions from Wiki-How:
  • www.wikihow.com/Remove-Glue-from-Counter-Tops

Does anyone have an idea on how to get super glue off laminate counter top?

By Ellen Shullaw from Crescent City, CA

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Ditto with using the 'acetone (not non-acetone) nail polish remover'. Quick, easy and no damage at all to the countertop :-)

How do I remove super glue from a "glazed" kitchen work surface?

David from Carlisle, Cumbria

Answers

Best Answer

Try a razor scraper, but be very careful how you apply pressure. The sharp edges can scratch.

How do I remove a small glob of glue from a Corian countertop?

By Gerald from Fair Oaks, CA

Answers

Anonymous

Nail Polish remover

I need help removing super glue from counter tops.

By MANDY

Answers:

Super Glue on a Countertop

Polysporin worked for me when I accidentally super glued a puddle onto my grandmother's antique wood table. And unlike acetone or paint thinner, it doesn't damage the table or counter top.

(08/14/2009)

By Jillian Greenwood

Super Glue on a Countertop

I would carefully use a razor blade. (08/17/2009)

By Barbara Boe

Super Glue on a Countertop

Acetone nail polish remover has worked for me and didn't damage the countertop. Make sure it's acetone and not non-acetone. (08/18/2009)

By Ann

Is there anything that will remove dried on Super Glue from a white laminate kitchen countertop? It has been on for about a month. The total area of glue is about the size of a dime or less?

By Helen from Redlands, CA

Answers:

Super Glue on a Countertop

Here is a list of things to use on the counter top.

(09/16/2010)

By Robyn Fed

Super Glue on a Countertop

Acetone (not non-acetone) nail polish remover. It will not harm your laminate. (09/21/2010)

By Ann

How can I remove super glue from my kitchen counter top?

By Trish Babbini from Northfield, MN

Answers:

Super Glue on a Countertop

Try acetone nail polish remover using a cotton ball and a little elbow work (not non-acetone) and it works like a charm! I have used it to remove Super Glue, nail polish, and even Sharpie pen ink and no damage to a laminate countertops :-) (05/18/2010)

By Ann

How do you remove dried on super glue from bathroom counter top?

Judy from Strongsville, OH

Answers:

Super Glue on a Countertop

Fingernail polish remover. (12/18/2006)

By Jean

Super Glue on a Countertop

There is a product called "super glue remover", it works very well. Just don't ever use on or near wood. It is available at many craft supply stores and sometimes in the "fingernail polishes area" of large drugstores. It is in a little green and white bottle, costs about $2, but you only need a drop or 2. (12/29/2006)

By Juli

Super Glue on a Countertop

The fingernail polish remover softened the glue enough to be able to use a scrapper to remove it. (12/09/2008)

By Karen