Removing Super Glue from Hair

Before you get out the scissors, there are some ways you can try to remove Super Glue from hair. This is a guide about removing super glue from hair.

How do you remove crazy glue from your hair?

By Denise J

Answers

Try olive oil or any vegetable oil - rub in and around the area, leave for a few minutes and then comb gently. Hope this helps.

I believe it is nail polish remover that loosens crazy glue. I don't think anything else will work, other than scissors.

Anonymous

Don't use super glue

I tried all the conventional methods, oils, acetone, and soap and water, but WD40 worked better than all the other things. When I massaged the WD 40 into the hair it also dissolved the glue on my fingers as well.

Anonymous

It doesn't work it's on the eye brow

Spray wd40 on the finger and rub on the effected eyebrow

Anonymous

Put coconut ole in your hair

How to remove a wad of super glue from the back of head

Anonymous

There's already superglue in my hair so that doesn't help at all but thanks

I've gotten micro braids in my hair and the person that braided my hair put Krazy Glue in my hair! How do I get it out without an hassle?

Nina

Answers

What in the world!! I'm not sure but I know you could try Goo Gone.

oh boy what was the hairdresser thinking I am not sure either,but whenever one of my now grown up chldren got glue in their hair I removed it successfully using ice blocks,another words freezing peice by peice the clue and it easily was removaed without any hassle,not sure about crazy glue could give it a try you may need a friends help though good luck.
Balance Deer Woman :)

I would try a light oil to get between the glue and the surface of the hair it touches. Soak the area in oil for an hour, then try to shampoo out the glue - yes, I'm dreaming this up, but it might work.

Anonymous

You can call the Krazy Glue company toll free at: (888)435-6377

After over three decades in business I am sure they have come across this question before and will know how to help you. Good Luck!

Krazy glue needs to be dissolved in acetone, doesn't it? This is fingernail polish remover. I am pretty sure other things don't work at all. It may tell you what to use on the tube of Krazy Glue, as gluing fingers together is pretty common. Hair should be no different.

Well obviously the person that did your hair didnt know what they were doing. Krazy glue doesnt go in the hair. I think you need to go a professional and consult with them because its very likely that when you try to remove the braids whether with acetone or oil or whatever your hair may come out. My advice seek a professional beautician and never go back to her again. Good Luck!

How do you remove super glue stuck in the hair?

By Robert from Ghana, Accra

Answers

Maybe some Goo Gone would work?

I tried using goo gone before the person that did my hair used it on my scalp :( I was very angry and it hurt so bad. I haven't tried anything else yet

I had false eye lashes put on and I think they added super glue with the lash glue because it's been two weeks and I've tried oils and they won't come off. I even steamed my face. What do I do?

By Marg

Answers

Anonymous

Try to scrub ur eyelashes with soap and water,with a brush.Maybe that will help?

I have superglue in my hair is there anything i can use to get it out?

Cece from Clarkston, GA

Answers:

Super Glue in My Hair

You could try finger nail polish remover. (10/05/2006)

By Dean

Super Glue in My Hair

If you want to get it out now hardware stores sell super glue remover, usually it is with the glues. My Home Depot has it. (10/07/2006)

By ScotFinn

Super Glue in My Hair

Acetone is the only remedy that will work but you have to keep working it in. But it does work I was a victim, of hair glue but the acetone did work, thank God. (08/04/2007)

By tupretty

Super Glue in My Hair

I tried using acetone in my little girls hair. I soaked the spot with the acetone for a few seconds and then tried working it out. To my surprise her hair broke off right at the spot above the glue. I would not recommend it! (11/09/2007)

By Crystal

Cece from Clarkston, GA

I have super glue in my dreadlocks, help. Will the acetone destroy my hair? It's so annoying being able to feel it in there.

Phelim

Answers:

Super Glue in My Dreadlocks

I understand you can't cut it out. I don't THINK acetone will hurt your hair. It is the primary ingredient in nail polish remover, and nails are similar chemically to hair. Try it on a small end without the glue on first. Good luck! (12/15/2004)

By Judi

Super Glue in My Dreadlocks

Don't worry. The glue will gradually particulate and fall out on its own. It won't damage your hair.
(05/28/2005)

By Vince