Removing Tape Residue From Clothing and Fabric

I searched on how to remove no sew tape residue from clothing. The easiest solution was the paper towel remedy. Just lay the paper towel over the residue and iron over it.

Press down firmly and voila! No more residue. Simple is best!

18 Questions

How do I remove ironed on blackout tape from Victoria Secret sport leggings?

Answers

Best Answer

Since this has been ironed on it is probably even more intense heat than placing it in the dryer.

You may have some success using Goo Gone but since this is not a natural fiber it will be difficult but be sure to test an unseen area before trying anything or you may ruin the leggings.

Some people also use rubbing alcohol but do so carefully and read suggestions from other sites.
You may need to take them to a dry cleaners.

www.realsimple.com/.../sticker-residue

www.doityourself.com/.../how-to-remove-duct-tape-from-clothes

Best Answer

I fear this one is going to be impossible to do. After ironing on the blackout tape it fuses to the material and it is basically impossible to remove with much success. They do sell chemical solvents that can be used to remove ironed on decals and things from clothes. I would be careful when using this one. It could destroy your leggings. If you go this way you will need the product and a spray bottle. Turn the garment inside out and spray the back side with the product. Now you will need to turn it over and use a small knife to try and scrap off the tape on your leggings. A lot of time wax paper and a hot iron will remove the ironed on item off of your clothes. In most cases it you will need to use a knife and try and scrape this off of your clothes. When using the knife only work on the transfer or tape to remove it from your clothes.

Best Answer

Take a lightweight washcloth, saturate with very hot water, wring out as much water as possible and place under the blackout tape. The goal is to warm up the tape residue but not get the garment wet.  While the tape residue is warming, mix equal parts baking soda and vegetable oil.  Once the tape residue area is very warm, spread the mixture over the residue. After 5 minutes, start rubbing the mixture over the residue to see if it is breaking up, if not, let it sit for another 5 minutes.  If the residue is not lifting, repeat with the hot washcloth but this time heat up the oil and baking soda (not too hot) and repeat the steps above.  If it is still not budging, add more of the warmed mixture, make yourself a cocktail, and let leggings soak overnight. Repeat steps above.  Once the residue has lifted, rub the area with dawn dishwashing liquid, and launder at the highest temp allowed. Hang to dry.  Once dried, take a bright light to inspect leggings for any remaining residue.  

Bam!  Now you know my secret. 

Answer this Question

I stored a large white inside pillow of a Crate and Barrel slip cover couch in my closet for a few weeks. When I went to put the pillow inside it's pillow slip cover, I noticed the pillow was very sticky in a four by two inch spot.

I can't take the sheet off of the stuffing. So how am I supposed to clean the sticky stuff off of the pillow? Help, please, so I can put the couch back together.

Answers

Best Answer

Lightly moisten a cloth with rubbing alcohol and hold it on the residue for a couple minutes, then wipe with a clean wet cloth, then a dry one.

Answer this Question

How do I remove adhesive residue remaining on fabric?

Answers

try rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover, but a product called GooGone or UnGu works best. You may have to wash the fabric after use the last two products.

I used iron-on tape to put a piece of fabric on another piece of fabric. I put it on wanksrong and had to take it off. The fabric came off, but the glue stayed on. I can't get the glue off. Hope you can help.

By Marie C.

Answers

A product called Un-Du will remove the adhesive. It will also remove smeared hot glue. You can get it at any craft store. I have also seen it at Lowes. Hope this helps.

I recently purchased a skirt but the manufacturer forgot to remove some masking tape around the hem. Now there is a slight sticky residue, but even worse, the fabric is discolored. I have tried soaking and washing with Woolite, but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the stain? Thanks!

inkybinky from Canada

Answers

By Lynda (Guest Post)

There should be a tag inside the garment, perhaps down the seam somewhere to tell you it's fabric content. If washable, I'd definitely use WD-40, letting
it sit for 30 minutes, then rubbing gently with a folded paper towel on top, another under the fabric to soak up any residue from the back. It works wonders for most all sticky stuff on most every surface. The color should return once the sticky is off
it. Repeat as often as necessary, careful not to OVER
spray the spot, and only IF it begins to come off.
Once off, toss and wash as usual but remember that the spray is flammable and should be sprayed outside only. Then, hand rinse gently with Dawn before machine wash/dry. Good luck. God bless you. : )

By inkybinky (Guest Post)

Thank you very much Lynda... I will try that!

Alana
www.bluemellow.com

I have duct tape on my tablecloth and I want to remove the tape without tearing my tablecloth.

By Stacey

I have a pink winter jacket. I took off the duct tape, but I noticed a lot of residue. How do I remove it?

By Christine

How do I remove tape residue from a sport shirt? The paper towel/iron method did not remove the stickiness. What else can I do?

By Marie

Answers

I once dropped a towel on a bug glue trap. I used baby oil to make the adhesive gummy enough to ball up, then used rubbing alcohol to clear up the oily-ness. That was just a towel and not a shirt I had to wear...
Use your best judgement before trying that on your sport shirt!

My daughter put duck tape around the headrest in my car. I am trying to figure out how to take off the tape residue?

By Mirna S.

Answers

Peanut butter or mayonnaise often works. If those don't, you can get some Goo Gone and that will work. Good luck!

WD-40 might work.

Answer this Question

How do you get sticky tape off of nylon shorts?

By Tammy

Answers

If you are sure it is nylon, try some lacquer thinners. First test on a spot that cannot be seen.

Mayonnaise, ice & a scraper (paint). Or Ask Helowise, Good Housekeeping.com Good Luck. : )

Answer this Question

How do I remove duct tape residue from fabric?

By Joanne W from Lynn, MA

I had a cardboard box with tape on it sitting on my car seat and it left marks on the seat. Can anybody help how to remove the tape residue? Thank you.

By Pavla from Cairns, QLD

Answers

Try using sos pads.

Answer this Question

Will masking tape come off sewn material?

By Tina

Sticky web tape has been used for shortening the curtains. Now I want to take them down, but it has left part of the tape on them.

By Sandra

I have gotten a black stain from hockey stick tape on a brand new white t-shirt. It got wet and the colors/dyes from it ran. What can I do to get it out? Keep in mind there is a fairly large logo on the front, however the stains are on the arm and the back.

Thanks for any help.

Revolution from Toronto (Canada)

Answers

By Stacey Liddle (Guest Post)

Have you tried using something called "GOO BE GONE"? I use it on numerous things and hve never had it not work. I even had to use it on my dog. he got into a sticky trap, one used for mice, and it worked like a charm, and didn't hurt the dog at all. You can buy it almost anywhere. Also, you can try that oxyclean, again, I've used it on several occasions, it works great to get stains out of carpet, just make sure it doesn't damage the material you are using it on.

Answer this Question
Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning TipsMay 12, 2013
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000256.tip.html