Removing Iron-on Tape Adhesive from Fabric

I used iron-on tape to put a piece of fabric on another piece of fabric. I put it on wanksrong and had to take it off. The fabric came off, but the glue stayed on. I can't get the glue off. Hope you can help.

By Marie C.

A product called Un-Du will remove the adhesive. It will also remove smeared hot glue. You can get it at any craft store. I have also seen it at Lowes. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

I soaked the area if fabric in vodka (had on hand!) for four minutes, then peeled carefully with fingernail. It did come off. The die didn't come out, but it was a very fine cobwebby fabric, so the weave was somewhat disturbed.I had used vodka on adhesive on my refrigerator with good results.

Why would you waste vodka for cleaning? ;)

Some people don't drink often so a bit of vodka may not be considered a waste. If you prefer, try isopropyl alcohol. It should remove the sticky substance in the same way and be much cheaper. I always get the 91% or 99% for these types of jobs.