Removing Adhesive from Glass

Category Glass
Tape, sticker, and other types of adhesive can be difficult to remove from glass. This is a guide about removing adhesive from glass.

I am looking for tips for getting adhesive off glass blocks, mine do not have the white paint.

Norm from New Jersey

Answers

Try mayo
Slather the mayo over the adhesive until you can't see the residue
With a butter nice, scrape off the gunk
With a warm, wet cloth, wipe off mayo and dry

http:\\www.frugalforlife.blogspot.com

adhesive is a real pain, isn't it. i got some fly tape stuff on my fingers once and i found a real good way to remove it. use veggie oil, olive oil or even baby oil, rub it on, let sit for a few minutes and then use soap and water. should work. if not you can always use that goo gone stuff, that will work for sure.

I have tried Sweet Oil with good results. You can find it in drugstores and stores like Walmart and Kmart.

By (Guest Post)

I use Goo Gone to remove adhesives....it can be found at Wal-Mart, Target, K-mart, Hardware stores...etc.

Just to let people know, Sweet Oil is Olive oil ...BUT I still like Goo Gone best ... Just let it soak through the paper labels,dried adhesive,etc. I use a sponge to remove the gunk and wash with soap and warm water & rinse well. Once a friend had masking tape on her windows from when the wood diamond cross pieces were painted and it was left on,baked daily from the sun..She couldn't get it off, until I told her of GOO GONE.

Didn't take much to remove that mess after we srayed the window edges ,let sit for a few minutes and wiped it off with paper towels, Then washed the windows with vinegar water and dried them with newpapers. Shiny and clean as a whistle. Great Granny Hugs, Vi

I would use lighter fluid and then wash with soapy water. Lighter fluid also works on paper products...for example, you receive mail in a bubble wrapper, and want to recycle the wrapper, but it has an adhesive address label on it. Just squirt a little lighter fluid on the label, give it a minute to soak in and then peel the label off. Let it set a few more minutes and the lighter fluid will evaporate, without leaving any signs that it was used, and you are ready to re-use the envelope.

Harlean from Arkansas

By Lynda (Guest Post)

WD-40 works miracles on most things. It took Liquid
Nails off my Formica TODAY! God bless you. : )

How do you get adhesive off of glass?

By Nick

Answers

There's a product called Goo-Gone. It's available in most grocery,hardware, drug and dollar stores. First soak the bottle to get the paper part of the label off. Put Goo-Gone on the residue, rub in lightly with a paper towel or your fingers, let sit for 1-5 minutes, rub off. That will be IT for most residue, but you can repeat as necessary. --shoe