What is the Best Glue For Glass?

A common question from crafters working with glass is, "What is the best glue for glass?" The answer will vary depending on what is being adhered to the glass. Different glues work better for glass on glass, but another product might be just right for attaching other embellishments.

What kind of glue can I use for creating a window pane design?

Answers

Best Answer

I would use tacky glue. Aleene's makes a good one.

Best Answer

Like window clings? I used to make then from plain Elmer's and glitter or a few drops of food coloring. Now they make them with factory installed glam...I need to get crafting since they made it so easy! Have fun!!!

I am doing some sea glass pictures where I need to glue the sea glass to cardstock paper. What is a good glue that will dry clear so that you can't see the glue through the sea glass on the paper after it dries?

Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

You can use Elmer's school glue it dries clear or mod podge.

Best Answer

I find that "Gorilla" glue is the best glue for any type craft, it does come in several types so be sure and read the label telling that it is clear. And they do have a quick drying if you want that kind.

What type of glue is best for securing embellishments (fabrics, silk florals, beads, etc.) onto lighted glass blocks and wine bottles? I need a glue that will not soften from the heat of the lighted blocks. How would I remove the glue in case of a mistake?

Cecelia from Chesapeake, VA

Answers

Best Answer

The best glue to use with glass is a high tech adhesive such as E6000 or Bond 527. These glues are not water soluable and they bond well to both porous and non-porous surfaces. They set slowly, which means you can reposition things before they completely dry, and they dry clear. You can find them with other glues at Walmart, hardware stores, or most anywhere glues are sold.

Craft projects using glass often require you to glue glass to glass. This is a page about gluing glass to glass.

E6000 glue, commonly used for gluing glass.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

Beads that are glued to a glass should be sealed with an acrylic product, such as a matte medium to keep them in place. This is a page about gluing beads onto a wine glass.

Wedding glasses decorated with flowers and rhinestones.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about gluing rocks to the inside of an aquarium. When gluing rocks to the bottom of an aquarium, it is important to use a glue that holds the rocks in place but is also safe for the fish.

Here are some adhesive suggestions.

Aquarium with rocks and Angelfish

This is a page about gluing glass to metal. Some surfaces are more of a challenge to glue to each other.

Clear piece of glass with metal "feet" glued on the corners

Crafts AdviceOctober 7, 2019
🎃
🍂