Cleaning Burnt Food on Glass Cookware

A set of glass cookware with lids.Does anybody know how to easily remove baked on stains from my clear Pyrex bake ware? I soak and scrub to no avail. We have well water, so I prefer solutions that work with that. Thanks - all replies appreciated!

Cathy from Delaware

Answers

Best Answer

Most burnt food will come off with some effort,
But once in awhile you get a really bad scoured in burn
that nothing works for it! NOTHING!
Threw a few out over the years until one I threw out, Or so I thought I did, A month later I came across it, it had totally dried out and the burn lifted, Just easily scraped away, Pan was like new, Wetting it only made it worse, So now when I have a pan that I just give up on, I Stuff it away somewhere and forget about it for a few weeks to a month, It has never failed me yet. Burned is always lifted, if you monitor it you'll notice once it's completely dried, it will slowly start lifting, to be easily scraped away

Best Answer

I am always recommending BarKeepers Friend but honestly, it really works for just about anything. Just wet it, sprinkle it on and wait a few minutes.

I use a sponge with that nylon backing and it works wonders.

By marih820 (Guest Post)
Best Answer

If you will put a fabric softener sheet in your dish with some water and let it soak, every bit of the burned residue will wash out with very little rubbing. I have used this method on dishes and pots and pans and every time they have come clean. If it is really badly burned, let it soak over night.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 378 Feedbacks
Best Answer

If you have a self-cleaning oven, it will get the brownest dish totally white with a little ash to blow away.

By Chayil (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Soak the gunk in vinegar, scrub a little, and dump out (but don't rinse). Then soak in a baking soda paste, scrub a little, and dump out (but don't rinse). Keep doing that until the gunk is gone.

This works because both products will occasionally work on their own. But also, when switching back and forth without rinsing between the two, they interact in a chemical reaction that produces salt, water, and heat. This is almost always enough to get rid of any gunk.

If the gunk is cooked-on grease or oil, try Dawn Power Degreaser, but only if the above doesn't work. It's a good product in terms of effectiveness, but I'm sure we'd all prefer a less expensive and less chemically harsh solution.

Answer this Question

Pyrex pans are a popular cooking option. Following a few simple steps you can keep them clean and clear for years to come. This is a page about cleaning Pyrex pans.

Cleaning Pyrex Pans

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

How can I clean the burnt food off a glass cookware?

How do you clean baked on food on a Pyrex casserole dish? I have tried the Oxy foam, cleanser, Dawn Power Grease remover to no avail. It has "settled" into the glass.

Home and Garden Cleaning GlassAugust 25, 2017
🌻
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Burnt-Food-on-Glass-Cookware.html